Contributor

Exciting Day Today, While Walking Around We Saw . . .

Melissa McCarthy!  

We were walking around (we live in Los Angeles but were in the San Fernando Valley) and my husband noticed her and her daughter walking by.

I've been a fan since Gilmore Girls - it was so fun - and random - to see her!

Any one else have any recent celebrity sightings?

Oh, yeah, I have another recent one Woman Wink.  We were at Farmers Market at a donut place.  The young man behind the counter told us that the cinnamon rolls would be hot out of the oven and that we should come back in 10 minutes.

So, I went back to get one for my husband.  While the young man was putting them in the box, I shared with the man waiting behind me in line that the cinnamon rolls were fresh out of the oven.  He said something along the lines of "Well, that's exciting" (I couldn't tell if he was mocking me or not).  But, as I was leaving, I heard him order a cinnamon roll :  )

Then, a young guy came up to this man, absolutely gushing and said how he loved him and how hilarious he was.  I had no idea who he was.  My husband recognized him (but of course couldn't remember his name).  He finally figured it out - Louis C.K.

Respected Contributor

Re: Exciting Day Today, While Walking Around We Saw . . .

[ Edited ]

Many years ago I was online at Albertson's right behind Tom Hanks purchasing a jar of Vlasic pickles.  He was chatty and funny.  I've had many celebrity sightings, especially during Sundance Film Festival week.  These are the celebs I remember, John Travolta, Johnny Depp, Jennifer Anniston, Salma Hayek, Matt Damon, Charlize Theron, Matthew McConneghy, Danny Glover, Tony Danza, Danny DeVito/Rhea Perlman, also (news people) Charlie Gibson, (sat next to Gibson and his daughter in movie theater) Connie Chung, Joan London.  Always exciting and fun to see ⭐️'s.   Oh my I almost forgot...the very first celebrity I saw was in Chicago, back in the early 70's.  I was on my way to the bank on my lunch hour and I saw Muhammad Ali walking towards me with his wife who was wearing an ankle length white fur coat.  There was a man walking with them, and I noticed that Ali was holding a brief case with a long heavy chain and it seemed to be handcuffed to his wrist.  I'm guessing the man walking with them was a body guard.  Mr. Ali was quite a handsome man!

Esteemed Contributor

Besides seeing a couple actors in a few Broadway shows.....i have only run into two celebraties in passing .....one was many years back when this gentleman passed by me and it was Willie Mays in the airport....and one was Denzel Washington in the city a couple years ago.......................................

Esteemed Contributor

DOesn't fit under TV and Movies but last April while in NYC  I was about 3 feet from the President and his wife while touring the 9-11 memorial.  CLosest I will ever get to a President.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I walked right by TIm Allen (with his family) years ago at one of our fantastic art fairs during the summer here in upper Michigan. He has a vacation home nearby and, though I was excited, no one bothered him and let him be. They all know he's a local and really no one treats him like a "celebrity"! He's one of my favorites! Mel Gibson was parked in his huge yacht one time but I never caught a glimpse of him. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@AKgirl2. Years ago my dad traveled though Deer Lake in PA to a construction site. He often saw Ali running along RT 61, all alone. He had training camp there. No body gourds in those days.

Respected Contributor

I "met" Laura Geller & her son on a street corner in NYC. She has the sweetest smile.

And, I sold makeup to Carrot Top. He wears Mac NW20 concealer & uses Espresso eye shadow to line his eyes. Just FYI.

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

DOesn't fit under TV and Movies but last April while in NYC  I was about 3 feet from the President and his wife while touring the 9-11 memorial.  CLosest I will ever get to a President.

My husband shook the hand of former President Clinton at the NYS Fair, where he was campaigning for his wife to be senator.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I'm not all that impressed by celebrities but I have had a few enounters.  We vacationed on the Cape and on Martha's Vineyard throughout my childhood and when my girls were in school.  Celebrity sitings were a regular thing, only real tourists got excited.  But my most recent encounter was with Ben Affleck a couple of years ago.  He was shooting a movie next door to where I work; it was early Saturday morning and I was in getting some work done.  All this signs about the movie were up, there was no parking anywhere in the area.  I looked outside about 7am and there was a big black suv parked and a guy was sitting on the hood.  The trucks and all the movie stuff hadn't arrived and I just thought it was one of working guys and he got there early.  Looked like regular guy.  I decided to walk down to Dunkin Donuts for coffee and the "regular guy" asked me if there was a Dunkin Donuts near by.  It was Ben Affleck.  I said yes, that's where I am headed now and he walked with me and talked about Boston stuff and how the area had changed.  I purposely didn't let him know that I recognized him.  He got his donuts and coffee and I got mine and we walked back together.  I went inside and said "have a good weekend" and he said "you too" and that was that.  If anyone in the coffee shop recognized him, they were polite enough to pretend that they didn't. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not recently but over the years, Bill Daily (I Dream of Genie) and David Doyle (Charlie's Angels), right around the time their shows were on.  I was on a trip with their daugthers and so they came to see them off and then we had a reunion at Bill Daily's house.  They were just like any other friend's dad.  Ran into Bob Crane (Hogan's Heroes), literally, at Knott's Berry Farm, saw Willem Dafoe at LAX and Steve Young (49er) on an airplane.  The last three I didn't even realize who they were, just looked like regular people walking around, until the person I was with said that's so and so.  That's how oblivious I am.  lol