Honored Contributor

Re: Emmys Tonite 9/22

[ Edited ]

I turned to watch red carpet, why is jenny Mccarthy doing it.  I am trying to think who would be good.  Joan Rivers was the best.Smiley Happy

I turned to E and Guillana is on.  I thought she was gone from E.  She is not good either.

Honored Contributor

I’m so glad “ Fleabag” was recognized and won so many awards. It was a quality program and so deserving

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know who half of these people are or the shows nominated.  These award shows are nothing like they used to be.  I don't enjoy them like I did in the past.

Honored Contributor

Re: Emmys Tonite 9/22

[ Edited ]

I've pretty much stopped watching now that the networks have more or less ceded quality television to cable and streaming. I've never seen half the shows and let's face it, 'star' quality isn't at all what it used to be.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

I don't know who half of these people are or the shows nominated.  These award shows are nothing like they used to be.  I don't enjoy them like I did in the past.

I agree, it use to be enjoyable to watch.  It was 3 channels when I was growing up.  I agree with you I have no idea who these people are.  I spend a lot of time watching   tv land, metv pbs etc... I enjoy ABC I am finding most of the newer shows I like are on ABC.

Honored Contributor
I think the ratings for all of the awards shows go down every year. I watch so little tv that I probably wouldn’t even know who most of the winners are. Prefer watching the Ken Burns documentary
Trusted Contributor

Oy. People bemoaing (yet, again) the fact that life, tastes, aesthetics change over time.  That was then; this is now. 

It's not the shows. It's you. There were a lot of awful shows in the 50s, 60s,70s, 80s, 90s.

There were good shows, too. The only difference now is that there are so many more choices. There are plenty of good shows out there. 

Many of the old shows don't hold up. It's just your memories and feelings that, consistently, do. 

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

Oy. People bemoaing (yet, again) the fact that life, tastes, aesthetics change over time.  That was then; this is now. 

It's not the shows. It's you. There were a lot of awful shows in the 50s, 60s,70s, 80s, 90s.

There were good shows, too. The only difference now is that there are so many more choices. There are plenty of good shows out there. 

Many of the old shows don't hold up. It's just your memories and feelings that, consistently, do. 

I still watch my old shows and they hold up.  Without cursing and violence.  

Trusted Contributor

I have no desire to watch these overpaid phonies.

Honored Contributor

I’m watching.