Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

Oy. People bemoaing (yet, again) the fact that life, tastes, aesthetics change over time.  That was then; this is now. 

It's not the shows. It's you. There were a lot of awful shows in the 50s, 60s,70s, 80s, 90s.

There were good shows, too. The only difference now is that there are so many more choices. There are plenty of good shows out there. 

Many of the old shows don't hold up. It's just your memories and feelings that, consistently, do. 

I think you nailed it. We have so many choices now. 

Im happy to see some of my favorites getting awards ( mrs maisel) and am now interested in some new programs to watch 

Esteemed Contributor

Seems the remaking of everything tells me who ever can write something original and fabulous will be the winner. For the most part finding good actors seems the easy part. I like the old shows myself not that I don’t think young people are capable of creating something good but I haven’t seen much myself. Also it isn’t wrong to love nostalgia tv and movies. Just look how all the 40 year olds going crazy for the Friends anniversary.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I’m watching.

So am I.

Honored Contributor

From what I’ve see so far, quality is winning. The networks need to up their game. Their at a huge disadvantage so who knows ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I am watching but you are at a real disadvantage if you don't have a streaming avenue. It seems like HBO and Amazon Prime are the big winners tonight. I have access to both. I didn't want to watch Chernobyl because of the subject matter. I have no idea what Fleabag is about but will check it out. Glad to see Fosse/ Verdon win. I thought Michelle Williams was fabulous! She became Gwen Verdon. Great performance.

Honored Contributor

@texassunflower wrote:

I am watching but you are at a real disadvantage if you don't have a streaming avenue. It seems like HBO and Amazon Prime are the big winners tonight. I have access to both. I didn't want to watch Chernobyl because of the subject matter. I have no idea what Fleabag is about but will check it out. Glad to see Fosse/ Verdon win. I thought Michelle Williams was fabulous! She became Gwen Verdon. Great performance.

What show won for best comedy

Honored Contributor

Unless I missed it, Best comedy hasn’t been awarded yet.  

I do multi-task  when awards shows are on 

Honored Contributor

So happy to see Billy Porter win, what a triumph.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

So happy to see Billy Porter win, what a triumph.

I dont know who he is but his speech was great, I was checking to see what award they were giving and I caught his speech.  I missed what he won for.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Unless I missed it, Best comedy hasn’t been awarded yet.  

I do multi-task  when awards shows are on 

Me too lol.