Esteemed Contributor

Crisis movie 2021

[ Edited ]

Just watched  this movie  entitled " Crisis " which is abt  the  opioid crisis . Even though all we heard for more n 1 1/2 yrs  has been Covid, Covid, Covid, the opioid crisis has not disappeared . It is as prevalent as ever  since  many  more drugs are entering our country  and those with  addiction are not  receiving the  attention needed  to treat this crisis  . To many other issues are being put forward in the news. 

The movie Crisis  has an interesting storyline that does  address  big Pharma , FDA,  DEA and people whose loved ones have been affected along with seedy cruel drug dealers . 

" crime thriller film written, produced and directed by Nicholas Jarecki. The film stars Gary Oldman, Armie Hammer, Evangeline Lilly, Greg Kinnear ,  Luke Evans, Lily Rose Depp, Mia Kirshiner , Michelle Rodriguez,  Veronica Ferres   "

Honored Contributor

Re: Crisis movie 2021

[ Edited ]

@skatting44  Yes, more drugs are entering this country and it insidiously impacts our daily lives.   Current policy supports this invasive crisis.  Best to be vigilant for our families' safety,  while focusing on remaining calm, healthy, and financially solvent over the next few years.  Thank you for sharing this critical issue that is rapidly changing the landscape of our country.

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 I just recently watched this film, too. It was very well done! Interesting movie about a serious topic. No one thinks that they are affected by the opioid crisis...until they are, of course. It is a national crisis that all other "drug" issues dwarf in comparison. Scary.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @skatting44   I have this on my Tivo and had not watched yet. 

I was not sure if I was going to watch. Thanks for sharing, I will watch this weekend. 

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Just watched  this movie  entitled " Crisis " which is abt  the  opioid crisis . Even though all we heard for more n 1 1/2 yrs  has been Covid, Covid, Covid, the opioid crisis has not disappeared . It is as prevalent as ever  since  many  more drugs are entering our country  and those with  addiction are not  receiving the  attention needed  to treat this crisis  . To many other issues are being put forward in the news. 

The movie Crisis  has an interesting storyline that does  address  big Pharma , FDA,  DEA and people whose loved ones have been affected along with seedy cruel drug dealers . 

" crime thriller film written, produced and directed by Nicholas Jarecki. The film stars Gary Oldman, Armie Hammer, Evangeline Lilly, Greg Kinnear ,  Luke Evans, Lily Rose Depp, Mia Kirshiner , Michelle Rodriguez,  Veronica Ferres   "

@skatting44   Thank you-where did you see this?  I did watch a documentary on this (probably Netflix) that was excellent.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@skatting44   Thank you-where did you see this?  I did watch a documentary on this (probably Netflix) that was excellent.

I saw it on Direct TV ShowHD the other day.

Esteemed Contributor

today's news say that 93,000 Americans have died from overdose in the last year which is a 29% increase from the year before per a US report.