Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ I know! It feels like it just started 2-3 weeks ago. Boy, does time go fast when you're really loving a show! I always miss this show when it goes on hiatus. One of the handful of shows I really enjoy watching even though sometimes it brings me down. The good part of the show, it's always thought provoking and sometimes heart breaking.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

I watch the Midwives with a box of tissues on my lap and a towel by my side!  I love the series but it is always sad at some point during the episode. 

It is  another excellent well written series with a wonderful cast of characters and settings which are so realistic.  This is why I have been watching Masterpiece Theater for a long time, it rarely disappoints but always entertains and gives class to TV. I llook forward to every new series!

Valued Contributor

I'm afraid to watch the finale tonight!  I think I will record it tonight and watch it in the light of day.  Lately these have been too upsetting for me to watch right before bed , at my age!!Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I can't believe the finale is already here!!

Honored Contributor

Do you think the reason they killed off barbara,is because trixie and the preacher will get back together?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I hope not. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I was very disappointed in the Finale!Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty  Can you tell us why?  I'm not judging, just wondered.  I was a little disappointed, too, I guess, because it was ending for another season.  I thought the scenes w/Reggie were touching.  Sr Monica Joan was her old self again Smiley Happy.  Some scenes were very sad.  Love Fred and Violet.  Phyllis was so good........... And so it goes.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3, I just thought the part of the Dad and the so called "Uncle Donald" part was just not in good taste for this program, JMHO!

Honored Contributor

Re: Call the midwife

[ Edited ]

I cried through the entire show. 

The reason they killed off Barbara was that the actress playing her wanted to quit.

The actress playing Phyllis was great , as always.

I thought it was a rather disappointing season finale.It was nice they had a little bit of Trixie on the film. I'm sure she will be back.

I liked when Sr Monica Jo said When you die you don't disappear - you become a memory.