Honored Contributor

Re: Call the Midwife Season Finale Tonight, May 22nd

@2cockers1cat Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries is one of our favorites. Costumes and settings are gorgeous. Love Miss Fisher and Jack together.

Respected Contributor

Glad to read there will be another season of Midwife. Only started watching it this season.
Respected Contributor

I just watched this episode and cried through the whole thing. And I'm not even religious!

Valued Contributor

Although this show has kept me watching every series, I feel it is inaccurate with some points.  I was working in a maternity clinic during the sixties and never saw any nurses so glamorously made up.  They were all very modest and refined.  The bleached hair and red lips were non existent at any of the clinics where I worked!

Honored Contributor

I picked it up a few episodes into this season then I missed the last few.  I'm going to have to catch up eventually.

I just haven't had time lately.  So many shows so little time!

Esteemed Contributor

I have looked at it every season. Could someone tell me the title of the song that was song at the end. It was Dean Martin sang it. The words have meaning for me. It was said 1961 I was around then but never heard of it. Thank you if you can.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1. The song is "Goodnight, Sweetheart", from the early '30's.  Many covers through the years.  I believe the songwriting team was British.

Utube probably has a selection of the many versions, Rudy Vallee, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Kate Smith. 

Valued Contributor

Wowzer.  Sunday was one depressing night on PBS.  Call the Midwife ended with me tearing up, followed by poor Kurt Wallendar and then there was Mr. Selfridge.  Went through a box of kleenex.

Honored Contributor

Sunday night was a sad night on PBS, I hope there are some new and good shows coming up for the summer!

Yes, Call the Midwife has been renewed for another season, so happy about that!