Respected Contributor

I have been watching most. Last year I did not watch for reasons sited by another poster of last year's judges. I like Heidi, Simon (he seems more human since he had a child Smiley Happy ) & Howie. I like Terry Cruz as a host. I think Sofia is sweet (she may need to toughen up ) . Sofia looks like 'oh I do not want to hurt their feelings' . Smiley Very Happy --- not a bad thing in this day and age.

I thought the 13 (?) year old last week that sounded like an adult singing ( Lady Gaga ? ) was exceptional . It seems there are always very good singers shown . & some that may sound good in the shower but not on stage . 

I enjoy the occasional dud that they allow on just to be ridiculed. I can't remember what the act was now something with a guy in a t-shirt and jeans --- it gave my husband and myself a chance to groan . It was short lived at least. 

Respected Contributor

Of course I speak for no one other than myself; however, to put a fat dancer through because she has been bullied for being fat is every bit as prejudicial as disqualifying her for the same reason.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: America's Got Talent

[ Edited ]

@elruth Haven't watched in years. Tuned in last night and saw that girl gyrating. That isn't dancing.

If she weren't a big girl and hadn't been bullied, she never would have made it.

I always hate it when someone uses their sob story to get an advantage. I've seen in on AGT years ago and I've seen it on Chopped. Doesn't play for me.

And Howie and Heidi are such fakes. Always have been. She was the main reason I quit Project Runway years ago. And NO, I'n not jealous LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@Unhooked42 wrote:

I agree.  She wasn't a million dollar act.  They need to stop the sob stories.  Everyone should be judged on their talent

--------------

One of the reasons I stopped watching, though in the past, some of the acts have been great!!  Saw a bit of show with Sofia...she is so loud and is sucking up all the attention given to the judges' table!! 

Respected Contributor

Re: America's Got Talent

[ Edited ]

So far, I'm not impressed by anyone, not even the Golden Buzzers.  Christina Ray was good but her son got the golden buzzer for me.  LOL.

I fell asleep (DVRed) it when that woman was dancing that everyone is talking about and had no desire to rewind it.  I also fell asleep on the girl who also sang.  I think she was from a foreign country. 

Those magicans were silly but I do want to see what they can do next along with the 80 year old comedian. He started off slow but then got better.

Celina had a good voice but not sure how far she'll go.

I thought the most cutest act was those 2 brothers (?) from India.

That's the 2nd contortionist I've seen so far this year and then there was one last year too and the year before that.  Enough already.  I can't watch that kind of stuff. 

That guy who was trying to break a record w/t-shirts?  LOL.

What happened to the dud acts they usually show?  Those are so funny.

Respected Contributor

I thought the first week's contestants were much better than last night's.  I'm already drowning in the number of singers, yet again.

The magician act was IMO, an insult to the art of magic; should've never gone through.

The older gentleman comedienne was rather funny; not the guy with the T-shirts stuff.

And I agree with those about their back stories; leave them all out and base it on their talent.

Esteemed Contributor

I RARELY watch even a little bit of that show.  But I did catch the act of the two brothers from India, wearing white pants and the green shirts.  They were good.  Then I moved on.

I don't like that show due to - 1) the sob stories.  2) cut aways to the faces of the judges and audience members when I want to see the whole act.  3) any of the other nonsense that goes on.  I just want to see the acts.  But that is not how the show is structured.  I don't care who judges or what they say.  I don't even know how the voting goes at the end.

I can say the same thing about all the singing shows and Dancing with the Stars, and all the other talents shows.  However, I DO like World of Dance because the acts are so phenominal (I like dancing more than singing) and I llike J Lo - so that is the only one I will watch the whole way through - if I even remember it is on.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Her style of dancing reminds me of Whitney Thore’s dancing. From My Big Fat Fabulous Life.

Respected Contributor

The only way I can watch this now is to record then fast forward all the sob stories, etc and only watch when the act is actually on the stage.  I watch the act, the vote then fast forward.

Too much fill-in for me all I want to see are the acts and vote.  Fir me this works.

Respected Contributor

We recorded the 1st 3 programs and all had live crowd there.  I must say I was entertained and have never seen so much talent!  I'm looking forward th the rest of the shows.