Honored Contributor

Re: ANY BLUE BLOODS VIEWERS?

@daisy4 wrote:

I was a huge fan of Tom Selleck when he played Magnum P.I.  He was fun and playful, but still a good guy you could depend on.  Loved to look at his dimples when he smiled!

I am also a fan of Blue Bloods because I like the whole family dynamic - and Mark Wahlberg.  (Not a fan of the Erin character and how she treats her brother Danny.)   When I first started watching I was a little disappointed in Tom Selleck.  He is always so grim and huffs and puffs a lot.  When he smiles his whole face lights up.  I like that a lot better.  Maybe he does need a girlfriend to make him smile more.

@daisy4

Are you talking personally or professionally?    

I see Erin as the voice of reason when it comes to prosecution possibilities and legal technicalities.   Danny can be overzealous and someone needs to rein him in at times.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@daisy4 wrote:

I was a huge fan of Tom Selleck when he played Magnum P.I.  He was fun and playful, but still a good guy you could depend on.  Loved to look at his dimples when he smiled!

I am also a fan of Blue Bloods because I like the whole family dynamic - and Mark Wahlberg.  (Not a fan of the Erin character and how she treats her brother Danny.)   When I first started watching I was a little disappointed in Tom Selleck.  He is always so grim and huffs and puffs a lot.  When he smiles his whole face lights up.  I like that a lot better.  Maybe he does need a girlfriend to make him smile more.

@daisy4

I see Erin as the voice of reason when it comes to prosecution possibilities and legal technicalities.   Danny can be overzealous and someone needs to rein him in at times.

I don't think the Erin character gives Danny enough credit for knowing what he is doing.  An example would be the time Danny arrested a bunch of gang members on a charge of being in a park after dusk.  He wanted to smoke out the gang leader by doing this.  Erin went off on him and gave him no respect at all until the Sgt. came in and told her it was good police work because now they could look up all these prior arrests and outstanding warrants.  It also brought in the gang leader which is what they wanted in the first place. Erin gave Danny no respect for knowing what he was doing until the SGT. chimed in.  There are other examples like this too.

Yes Danny is a hot head and gives  Erin a hard time too, but I think Erin automatically tells Danny he is wrong in everything he does.

Honored Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

The Danny Reagan character is played by Donnie Wahlberg, not his brother Mark(aka Marky Mark)

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@daisy4 wrote:

The Danny Reagan character is played by Donnie Wahlberg, not his brother Mark(aka Marky Mark)

You are right!  I realized that after I wrote the entry.  I am a fan of both brothers.

Honored Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@daisy4 wrote:

@daisy4

I don't think the Erin character gives Danny enough credit for knowing what he is doing.  An example would be the time Danny arrested a bunch of gang members on a charge of being in a park after dusk.  He wanted to smoke out the gang leader by doing this.  Erin went off on him and gave him no respect at all until the Sgt. came in and told her it was good police work because now they could look up all these prior arrests and outstanding warrants.  It also brought in the gang leader which is what they wanted in the first place. Erin gave Danny no respect for knowing what he was doing until the SGT. chimed in.  There are other examples like this too.

Yes Danny is a hot head and gives  Erin a hard time too, but I think Erin automatically tells Danny he is wrong in everything he does.

@daisy4

Hmm ... interesting point.  

Personally, I think she does respect her brother, but just often disagrees with him.  

I will have to watch for this dynamic in the show, going forward.   Thanks for your input!

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Another thread on here said that Jennifer Esposito is going to be on a new show this fall, I forget which one.

It was sort of a thing that Danny had a new partner every week for the first few episodes before they settled on Jennifer Esposito.  And then he had the Voo Doo partner for a few episodes before Baez.  It took me a long time to warm up to Baez (mainly because her bangs make me nuts).  I noticed that in real life she does not have the bangs, so I'm assuming that's a wig for some reason.  I haven't taken the time to go out and see why that is.

@VaBelle35

I checked .... and was happy to learn that Jennifer Esposito will be part of Mark Harmon's team on NCIS this fall, introduced in the first episode.   (see link)

http://deadline.com/2016/07/ncis-cast-jennifer-esposito-series-regular-duane-henry-1201785081/

Honored Contributor

I found an article on what's coming up for Season 7 of Blue Bloods ... and there seems to be speculation that this is the last season for the show since Tom Selleck signed back on for only 1 year. 

We shall see .........

http://www.movienewsguide.com/blue-bloods-season-7-premiere-date-spoilers/266092

Honored Contributor

I'm watching the 1/6/2017 episode now.

I have to say, I love Sid.  Always have.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Didn,t care for last night,s episode.  The young boy, Danny,s son sure grew up fast since last season.  I have a feeling this is the last season.  They could do a spin off if Sellick retires.  I remember  MPI and the rumors about TS and the actor who played Gomer Pile, can,t remember his name.  He could sing great the actor.  TS has matured a lot since those days, and I don,t think the rumours were valid.

Respected Contributor

One of best shows on tv. LOVE