Honored Contributor

Re: ANY BLUE BLOODS VIEWERS?

I didn't care for last night's episode either. Jamie needs to make up his mind what he wants to be - a policeman or a social worker. I thought he was completely wrong to give that couple his sister's cell phone number and get her involved in that custody case. For me this season's shows have been lacking. It's like all the air has gone out of the balloon.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

I didn't care for last night's episode either. Jamie needs to make up his mind what he wants to be - a policeman or a social worker. I thought he was completely wrong to give that couple his sister's cell phone number and get her involved in that custody case. For me this season's shows have been lacking. It's like all the air has gone out of the balloon.

@Tique

I think one possibility is that they may go forward with Jamie and his partner Eddie becoming a couple, so they won't be able to work together anymore.  One of them will have to do something else ... just a theory as to where this may be going.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Tique

I think one possibility is that they may go forward with Jamie and his partner Eddie becoming a couple, so they won't be able to work together anymore.  One of them will have to do something else ... just a theory as to where this may be going.

@Tinkrbl44 they've been aluding to that for a while - almost as long as she's been his partner which is when she first appeared on the show. That has absolutely nothing to do with him sticking his nose into things that are not his concern.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Tique

@Tinkrbl44 they've been aluding to that for a while - almost as long as she's been his partner which is when she first appeared on the show. That has absolutely nothing to do with him sticking his nose into things that are not his concern.

@Tique

Yes, I understand your point, but ...  He's a Harvard Law School grad and so he'll have a different take on the law than a LE officer that hasn't been to law school.   Every character on this show makes mistakes, but I see this as part of the character development for Jamie.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Aviatrix wrote:

I love to watch this show for Tom Selleck and the scenes of the Family around the dining table. Tom Selleck is cut from the same acting cloth as John Wayne. He is a man who you can depend on to lead and protect. We need men like those to inspire our boys to grow up to be good people. I enjoy seeing the family scenes where the adults talk about the problems of daily life and how to deal with them. They pass on wisdom to the younger family members. I admire what they try to explain. They are all imperfect, but try to improve. Those are fine lessons for every age group.

@Aviatrix

I don't know if Tom Selleck has been typecast, or these are the only types of characters his agent seeks out when Tom is looking for work.   The Frank Reagan character is a very good fit for Tom.

Come to think of it ......  maybe I'm wrong, but I don't believe I've ever seen Tom Selleck cast as a criminal or bad guy.    Anyone think of anything?

@Tinkrbl44I've only seen Tom Selleck play positive characters too.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I found this on the internet:

According to everything I've read on the internet, John Wayne and Tom Selleck have never played bad guys.

Good guys who have played bad guys

My favorite examples:

Chuck Connors -- The Big Country
Denzel Washington -- Training Day
Michael Douglas -- Wall Street
Steve Martin -- The Spanish Prisoner
Glenn Close -- Fatal Attraction
James Cromwell -- L.A. Confidential
Russell Crowe -- 3:10 to Yuma (2007)
Tommy Lee Jones -- Under Siege
Henry Fonda -- Once Upon a Time in the West
Danny Glover -- Witness
Arnold Schwarzenegger -- The Terminator
Gene Hackman -- Unforgiven
Respected Contributor

I agree that Selleck is usually type-cast as the hunky, manly good-guy. I have seen him in a great comedy movie playing a not quite so good, not straight he-man. It's called "In and Out" and I loved it, really cute comedy. So, not totally playing against type, but perhaps pushing it a little.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad to read all these-glad its not just me!

Its almost embarrassing how I can watch Blue bloods all day being very content.

Its reassuring to me, and yes I love the dinner scenes too.

The only character that gets on my nerves is whats her name-lol-you'd think I would know after watching all the time-you know the daughter! But to her defense, they give her that getting tired storyline of being the hard-a... and not giving anyone warrants when someone's life is on the line because all the stickler details haven't been worked out. I get tired of that.

I loved Jennifer too and thought she was the best partner.

The granddaughter and grandsons are good actors I think.

Ok, the end lol!

(yes, I do watch it any channel I can stalk, I mean find itWoman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I'm so glad to read all these-glad its not just me!

Its almost embarrassing how I can watch Blue bloods all day being very content.

Its reassuring to me, and yes I love the dinner scenes too.

The only character that gets on my nerves is whats her name-lol-you'd think I would know after watching all the time-you know the daughter! But to her defense, they give her that getting tired storyline of being the hard-a... and not giving anyone warrants when someone's life is on the line because all the stickler details haven't been worked out. I get tired of that.

I loved Jennifer too and thought she was the best partner.

The granddaughter and grandsons are good actors I think.

Ok, the end lol!

(yes, I do watch it any channel I can stalk, I mean find itWoman LOL

@on the bay

You're thinking of Erin, the Asst District Attorney.  It's her job to know what case will get thrown out of court for insufficient evidence ... or whatever.   She's the "follow the rules" sibling.

ITA that Jennifer Esposito was the best partner, and am glad she's now a regular on NCIS.    Not really a fan of Baez, Danny's current partner. 

Contributor

My favorite show and next to Clint Eastwood my favorite celebrity!!  If any of you get COMET channel (220) comcast here.  Tom Selleck 1972 is on Daughters of Satan right now, 1-3 CST, very young. Some very cheesy Sci Fi shows on this channel and lots of actors just starting out.  Frogs is one that features a young Sam Elliott and  you wouldn't even know him  by voice.

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.....Corrie ten Boom