Honored Contributor

Re: A song that drives me crazy is...

@granddi wrote:

We were listening to an oldie station on a recent road trip. Anyone old enough to remember ""Little White Dove and Running Bear"" I though I would never get that dang song out of my head.

LOL, isn't that the truth! I get that too!!

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Horse With No Name by America -- I've been to the desert on a horse with no name, in the desert you can remember your name. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Whaaa? I didn't know what the lyrics meant when I was in high school -- and I'm still clueless. Any song that drags like this one -- loses me.

A band I don't like is the 70s soft rock band, BREAD. Talk about songs that drag on and on..... {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Probably my favorite album is Stevie Wonder -- Songs in the Key of Life

I totally agree with you about Horse With NO Name....hated it then and now...also Midnight At The Oasis and Your So Vain...Ich! 

Esteemed Contributor

@fashionista DIVA wrote:
"It's all about the bass, 'bout the bass, ' bout the bass, no treble." LOL...I'm so over this song...haha... Anyone else?

It used to drive me crazy until I listened to all the words.

For me it's instrumental "Sleigh Ride" with the horses 

& "Tubular Bells"    LOL! what a combo

Trusted Contributor

Let's Get Physical

Feelings or as I remembered the song, Felix.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

I read onetime someone thought the rolling stones were singing heartbreaker with your bowling ball  when they were younger

Respected Contributor

OMG  "Everything I own" by Bread is one of those songs that tugs at my heartstrings.  Next time you listen to it remember that he's singing about his father.

Has no one mentioned "FEELINGS" yet?  That one is right beside "You light up my life"  does anyone else remember the Debbie Boone special where you were supposed to call in and if your long lost love called in too you would be connected?  Sorry but I Love songs like Running Bear loves Little White Dove, Hey there, Little Red Riding Hood and The battle of New Orleans.  They make me smile.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lovescats, that's too funny, heartbreaker with your bowling ball.

Gavin Edwards has writtem a  few books of wrong lyrics people sing.  I have given them as gifts many times, they are hilarious.  

They are "Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy and Other Misheard Lyrics"  (the first and best), "Hit Me With Your Pet Shark", "He's Got the Whole World in His Pants", "When a Man Loves a Walnut"  and "Deck the Halls wiith Buddy Holly and Other Misheard Christmas Lyrics."

I recommend them to everyone, they're hilarious (and I've been gulity of singing more than a few of them wrong LOL).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

Lovescats, that's too funny, heartbreaker with your bowling ball.

Gavin Edwards has writtem a  few books of wrong lyrics people sing.  I have given them as gifts many times, they are hilarious.  

They are "Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy and Other Misheard Lyrics"  (the first and best), "Hit Me With Your Pet Shark", "He's Got the Whole World in His Pants", "When a Man Loves a Walnut"  and "Deck the Halls wiith Buddy Holly and Other Misheard Christmas Lyrics."

I recommend them to everyone, they're hilarious (and I've been gulity of singing more than a few of them wrong LOL).

Creedence Clearwater Revival's "There's a bathroom on the right."

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Creedence Clearwater Revival's "There's a bathroom on the right."

That's so funny it inspired me to start a new thread dedicated to  all wrong lyrics LOL.