Trusted Contributor

Bra Question When Wearing Liquid Knit

What brand bra works best for you when wearing Susan Graver's liquid knit? 

I love liquid knit, but when I wear it in a solid color I sometimes  see outlines, bumps, etc. from my bra and I'm not getting the nice smooth look like the models.

I like bras that have removable/padded inserts as they help so there is no "show through" when I'm cold.

Any brands you've had good luck with?

Respected Contributor

Re: Bra Question When Wearing Liquid Knit

I am a big fan of the Shapeez Ultimate.  It is expensive at $89.00 but it gives me a completely smooth back and good support with no show through in the front.  Order from Von Maur for this price and free shipping.

IMG_1540.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I need to correct my above post as when I checked the VonMaur site it seems they no longer sell the Ultimate but the Tankee version.  The Tankee is cut in a bit in the back like a tank top.  Not the full upper back at shoulder cut like the Ultimate.  

Shapeez has their own website.  I have always ordered from VonMaur as they are a bit cheaper.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think you should be looking for a brand, but instead a style.

Tee Shirt bras are made to be smooth and no show under thin and form fitting garments. No extra insert pads are needed.

It's all I wear for everyday.  I am busty and like a smooth look under everything.  I buy Wacoal, but not everyone needs the extra support that I do.

Buy your favorite brand in a tee shirt style bra.

Honored Contributor

If the bra is correctly fitted, there's rarely any show through, regardless of the temperature.  

Respected Contributor

One of many reasons I never bought liquid knit. The fabric is poly and it does "cling"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop I have the same issues.  Most of my liquid knit tops are darker colors.  I have a lot of black, navy, burgundy, some medium shades of blue and dark green.

I have tried white (we are always told that the white tops are beefier and not see through, but I can still see through them).  I'll only wear a white tank with a cardigan over it.

However yesterday (Mother's day) it was very chilly here.  I but on a SG white tank with a cute new cardigan but you could still see that I was "cold".  Not a nice look for a mature woman.  I took it off and but on the black tank.

When I was younger & thinner having a top that was a bit see through didn't matter as much but today I just don't like how the lighter tops show every roll, bump, lump & bra straps.  

I tend to go for fabric with more substance and texture like a cotton gauze or slub which does a better job of hiding this.

Hope you get some good tips.  I'm interested to see the other comments....

ETA. My usual everyday bra is a Wacoal tee shirt bra.  It gives good support and is mostly smooth under my tops but you can still see an unattractive look from the back.  There there is the chilly issue from the front on light clingy fabrics.

Valued Contributor

Not sure if you order from HSN - if so they have the Rhonda Shear bras that have removable padding; also some of the styles don't have the hooks in back so they are smooth across

Respected Contributor

If you are only looking for front coverage, I also have these silicon shields. They can be worn with any bra you like.  I love mine and wear them often as some of my bras do not have the pads or a foam lining.

DIMRS

IMG_1794.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I have several LK tops and they don't cling at all !!!!

I wear this bra...

Jockey Forever Fit Soft Molded Cup Bra - QVC.com

It comes in molded or lightly lined.  I buy the molded because of its modesty feature.

It does NOT add a size at all.