Valued Contributor

Re: Where are the mirrors???

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

It's a fair question .,......   but I've been asking myself that for years when I'm out in public ..... did that person actually look at themselves in a mirror before leaving home and decide they looked good?    If so, when was the last time they had an EYE EXAM ........ lol

I gotcha, very good question.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the light colored dresses being very unflattering.

Honored Contributor

So I suppose all overweight women should be banned from appearing in public unless they are in a mu mu?  I guess this will be a question in the next Presidential debate because it seems to be of such conern to some citizens.  It comes up EVERY time this poor lovely successful woman is on.

Most is the time it is prefaced with "I'm not trying to be mean, but I am going to be. . . " or something like that.  

Occasional Contributor

I am not questioning Jamie's right to pick what she would like to wear.  She just needs to size up one or two sizes.  It is very distracting.  Like someone else said, I am not listening to the presentation, I wonder how she could even zipper the dress up without breaking the zipper.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner. Thank you!  Well said.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's an unkind comment.

Respected Contributor

I don't find her appearance distracting, it's the applying of the powered foundation without a mirror. The brush picks up too much powder as she continuously swirls the brush while talking and then the makeup is flying all over and is caked on because she has nothing with which to judge the application. I didn't realize how bad this was until I bought a larger screen TV. It was a powder storm and with thick layers caked under her eyes and around her nose. I realize her spiel is that it is easy application, but really, I doubt people apply makeup without a mirror as her compact has one. I like IT products and use several, but this demo does not make me want to buy powdered foundation.

Trusted Contributor

@SunValley I know what you're saying.  I also saw the powder flying, but she has a serious case of roseacia.  It isn't easy to cover unless your foundation is fairly heavy.  I admire her for exposing her flaws.  Not many people would do that in front of thousands of people.  

Honored Contributor

And her choice works for me.  Because she pretty always looks the same, I rarely check her out which means if I am watching, it's the products I concentrate on.

I care about what the people are wearing only when it's what they are selling.

Respected Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

@SunValley I know what you're saying.  I also saw the powder flying, but she has a serious case of roseacia.  It isn't easy to cover unless your foundation is fairly heavy.  I admire her for exposing her flaws.  Not many people would do that in front of thousands of people.  

Very true. You make a valid point.