Valued Contributor

I am not trying to be mean, but sitting here watching IT Cosmetics presentation and asking myself do these hosts and vendor reps not look in a mirror before they go out on stage?  Don't they have people that check them for makeup, wardrobe, or other issues that should be resolved before going on air???

Some of them always come out in too tight dresses, in light colors that they should not be in, in styles that are not flattering at all.  How can you look in the mirror, with the light on I'm assuming, and tell me that those too tight dresses, in the same style all the time look good on you, how is that possible??  I find it distracting, I spend more time wondering about your sense of style than I do watching the product presentation.

Come on people. let's get it together.

You know, I think that I have been reading these forums too long (and it's only been about a month) because some people are beginning to rub off on me and I hate that, because now I am becoming so negative.  But these on air personalities are in the business of selling us an image and they themselves don't even project that image.

Come on people, come on!!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Where are the mirrors???

It's probably not a good thing when a viewer is looking at the vendor and not the products presented.   It can be distracting, but maybe they like the look?

Honored Contributor

It's a fair question .,......   but I've been asking myself that for years when I'm out in public ..... did that person actually look at themselves in a mirror before leaving home and decide they looked good?    If so, when was the last time they had an EYE EXAM ........ lol

Honored Contributor

I'm sure that most of it is personal style and that apparently QVC allows each to their own devices.  I believe I know to whom you are speaking and she had stated once that her hairstyle and dress have remained the same because she is superstitous in changing anything once her brand hit it big.   So... same look, same style, just different fabrics...... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I think the It Cosmetics presenter is beautiful.  She's confident, stylish and classy.  

Honored Contributor

They aren't selling their own outfit though.  Most hosts don't wear the q clothes they are selling.  They may have on something I'd never wear, but it doesn't bother me.  I look at the item presented.

Frequent Contributor

Anyone else wonder why IT cosmetics has been on so much? It seems like its every week...I've found myself watching less and less of QVC because of it. Doesn't matter if I am or am not a fan of IT - it seems rediculous at this point.

I think this only the 2nd time I've ever made a comment on a blog...

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

I'm sure that most of it is personal style and that apparently QVC allows each to their own devices.  I believe I know to whom you are speaking and she had stated once that her hairstyle and dress have remained the same because she is superstitous in changing anything once her brand hit it big.   So... same look, same style, just different fabrics...... Woman Happy

Interesting, didn't know that.  And yes I was wondering about the hair also.  Well that explains it.  Thank you for enlightening me.

Honored Contributor

I'll say one thing...She is probably Spanx's biggest customer.  It's a wonder she can breathe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's called personal taste - everyone has it, and it varies widely. I tend to agree with you about the vendor you're speaking of, but it's her prerogative to maintain her personal sense of style.

I don't enjoy watching that vendor in part because of her never-changing and slightly odd appearance, so I don't watch the presentations of her products. But there are so many other people who DO like her. Doesn't make anyone wrong or right, just different strokes. Plenty of people diss, and dislike, hosts and vendors I enjoy watching.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all