Honored Contributor

Re: Were you mean girl in High School?

@Angeldrawers Poor dear, you must be bored!

Esteemed Contributor

I went to school in the 'hood.  I avoided troublemakers. I was determined to change my circumstances.

I did.

Occasional Contributor

🙄

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We did have several mean girls in school.  One was the head majorette and occasionally her meanness was directed at me.  I ignored it but I still remember some comments she made.

She married her high school boyfriend who was my neighbor.  Later in life my brother played golf with him and did dinner after with with them occasionally.  Funny, she never mentioned me.

Doesn't pay to be mean to people as without going into detail life can have a way of returning the favor.  I try to avoid the mean posts here.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie    I think every family must have one.  HA.  My sister in law steers clear, and was never mean to me, but she really treated my mother terribly. What goes around, comes around is all I can say.  She is the ONLY one in our small family that is like that.  I just don't get it.  

Honored Contributor

I was super introverted and was bullied by a couple of mean girls.

Honored Contributor

If you're talking about someone in particular, you should have taken the higher road and nicely responded to whatever post bothered you.

Honored Contributor

Never -- I can confidentily say that.  I was shy and quiet in jr. and senior high.  I tried to be nice to everyone.  If someone was nasty or ignorant to me, I pretty much didn't say anything and just steered clear of them.  Thankfully, I pretty much flew under the radar because I don't think I was thought of as a threat in any way.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

There was one mean girl in Junior High, when I met her at our reunion she grew up to be a lovely woman. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

@lynnie61. That is just awful she treated your mother so bad! So sorry for that! Yes, what goes around comes around.