Honored Contributor

Re: Voices of Some Brand Reps.

@CalminHeart wrote:

This takes the cake.  I'm surprised people can get out of bed each morning with the kinds of things that bother them.

Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

The only people I can't listen to is, Issac's rep (don't even know her name, but she has a British accent). Also Mary Nelson (?), I believe is her name. She drags out that last word of most sentences, & seems to be thinking HOW to talk, instead of just talking natural. I've listened to Mary a few times, but no longer will watch. I can't stand the UP & DOWN of the words. It's odd how she speaks. Kathy P. is very loud, plus an odd accent & somedays, I can't listen to her. 

Respected Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

The only people I can't listen to is, Issac's rep (don't even know her name, but she has a British accent). Also Mary Nelson (?), I believe is her name. She drags out that last word of most sentences, & seems to be thinking HOW to talk, instead of just talking natural. I've listened to Mary a few times, but no longer will watch. I can't stand the UP & DOWN of the words. It's odd how she speaks. Kathy P. is very loud, plus an odd accent & somedays, I can't listen to her. 

The one who drives me crazy is Kerstin. Her tone is blank. Turn the chanal as soon as I see her.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hsawaknow I have not watched Kerstin since the 3rd time seeing her. She is on my definite "DO NOT watch list".

Super Contributor

And not only the reps but also hosts!  Sometimes I say to my husband..."how would you like to live with that "voice" ?"  I can't stay on that channel while those voices are on.  There is training for those voices that can be utilized if that is going to be their profession.  

Super Contributor

AMY STRAN.

Valued Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 I am in total agreement. I just change the channel. Woman Frustrated

I would think voice screening would be part of the training to go on air but maybe not.

I would also think public speaking, on air speaking, dialect, would be a very high part of the training in the orientation. JMO.                                                                  bamasec

Frequent Contributor

The last batch of hosts for QVC have horrible voices and I have to turn the sound off and watch without it if I am interested in something. They do get on your nerves.

Respected Contributor

Same can be said for many hosts as well.  It seems a pleasant speaking voice would be a requirement for the job.

Trusted Contributor

Generally speaking, the deeper the pitch then the more pleasant they will sound over the radio or television. To me, those are the ones who should be in that type of media.  There used to be a lady radio broadcaster in my area who did the morning news and interviews.  Her pitch was so high it just made it unbearable to listen to her.