Respected Contributor

edited

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

Re: FUDGE You Are Selling Has Sorbitol In It 😳

[ Edited ]

Lots of sugar reduced & sugar free candy, gum, soda have sorbitol & so do prunes, peaches, plums, necterines, apples, pears, cherries, blackberries, raspberries, etc & dried fruit too. I wouldn't be concerned about the fudge...everything in moderation.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorbitol? I would be much more concerned about the price for 12 small bite size pieces of fudge!

Esteemed Contributor

Am I reading this right?

You placed an order for a food item without bothering to look over the ingredients list first?  😛     

I dont have any issue with sorbital as long as I stick to enjoying a serving. It's only when I over-indulge that it can become problematic.

But over-indulgence in any chocolatey treat can produce a laxative effect, with or without sorbital. 

Super Contributor

I just finished watching the presentation and at no time does the vendor or Jill mention the fudge contains sorbitol.

I checked the ingredient list on Q's website and sorbitol is listed as an ingredient.

I checked the ingredient list on Big Little Fudge website and sugar is the first ingredient-no sorbitol at all.

So what gives, QVC?  What are you trying to pull on your customers?

Why would this company make this version without real sugar and not make it known to the buyer?

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Am I reading this right?

You placed an order for a food item without bothering to look over the ingredients list first?  😛     

I dont have any issue with sorbital as long as I stick to enjoying a serving. It's only when I over-indulge that it can become problematic.

But over-indulgence in any chocolatey treat can produce a laxative effect, with or without sorbital. 

One piece is a laxative for me and it should be told on air that it has sorbitol in it.  Not all of us have computers to look up the ingredients.   I have neighbors who still don’t have one and I live in a metropolitan area. 

Honored Contributor

Sorbitol is the 12th ingredient in the list.  I doubt that there's enough to cause a problem if you only eat one serving.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

The real crime is the PRICE, over $3 for one little piece of fudge.

Fudge is so easy to make it's so ridiculous

chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter

a microwave and your done.

I believe for $5 worth of ingredients you'll have more than the

12 pieces shown.  add nuts, chop nuts and roll your pieces

I don't believe the Q is obligated at all to divulge all the ingredients on air, it's up to the consumer to be smart.

Honored Contributor

Some people don't have computers, so artificial sweeteners should always be mentioned on air.

Respected Contributor

im a little confused.  you are sensitive to sorbitol, it's listed in the ingredents, and you still thinking that q is doing you a disservice? 

should the host and the vendor spend several minutes going over every ingredent in every product, to make sure that people are aware that there MIGHT be SOMETHING that they are sensitive to?

that's why they provide the ingredient list.  

ALL the facts are there. YOU just have to look at them.