Honored Contributor

Re: Update on ‘host shopping’

@Soonerwrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1wrote:

Does this thread mean that hosts pretend to want to order as a sales ploy or do they sincerely want to order items and know they are in danger of selling out.  I don't understand.

@Sweet Caroline 1  I can't understand why it would matter either way.  It isn't like they are going to buy 700 of something and you won't get one; it's not like they have something so fascinating to say you are going to miss great details; or who cares what they are doing on"work time?"  

I just don't know why it bugs anyone. 

I totally agree @Sooner

@Catch71

I NEVER said people don't have a right to their opinions.  I never said they can't post about it.  I think the OP did a very good job at stating her concerns, while others took the opportunity to host bash.

I, with Sooner, just don't get why something so trivial in life bugs people!

Honored Contributor

It doesn't upset me, and it doesn't influence me; it's just annoying.

Someone above nailed the whole conversation perfectly!!  And as I said on another thread, that size 2 she kept ordering was too small on her!!!

Contributor

Given that program hosts are given advance info of the products they will be presenting, and that many of them claim to have either been involved in or informed about what was in the pipeline, it’s ridiculous to give the impression that they are only seeing the item for the first time while on air. It’s a sales tactic to be sure, but old schtick,  and a weary one. Plus, it takes away the attention of the viewer from the item and the vendor. JMO. 

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopperwrote:

I feel indifferent to hosts ordering during their shows, whether it’s just a sales ploy or if it’s real. In and of itself, a little of that does not bother me or dissuade me from purchasing.  

But when the host actually hijacks the show for a ridiculous amount of time just so she can talk to the producer to shop for her, I’m done.  She treats him/her like her personal shopper, as if she is a TV star, and we are privileged to be along for her ride. “Should I get an XS or an XXS?” “Did I get my color!?” “Wait, did I get my color??!?”  “No, don’t tell me I didn’t get it!” “What? I’m freaking out right now.  Did I get it???” “The XS?” “Tell me you got it!” “Did I get it?? ..........

I’ve seen that over-indulgence played over enough times to never want to waste my time trying to shop during her shows again.  

You have NAILED IT.   That is the most annoying schtick EVER, and the reason I no longer watch any of her shows.   Shawn comes on; I go off.    I can't believe that the PTB have let this go on this long.  

Honored Contributor

I get the impression that some of the hosts think they're celebrities, and their "fans" want to be just like they are.

So if a particular host chooses to buy multiples of everything in the show, her admirers will want to do the same!  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLifewrote:

@Soonerwrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1wrote:

Does this thread mean that hosts pretend to want to order as a sales ploy or do they sincerely want to order items and know they are in danger of selling out.  I don't understand.

@Sweet Caroline 1  I can't understand why it would matter either way.  It isn't like they are going to buy 700 of something and you won't get one; it's not like they have something so fascinating to say you are going to miss great details; or who cares what they are doing on"work time?"  

I totally agree @Sooner

@Catch71

I NEVER said people don't have a right to their opinions.  I never said they can't post about it.  I think the OP did a very good job at stating her concerns, while others took the opportunity to host bash.

If you were in a B&M store making a purchase and the sales clerk put aside your transaction b/c she wished to order some things for herself, wouldn't you feel you were treated poorly? It's rude!

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoonwrote:

It doesn't upset me, and it doesn't influence me; it's just annoying.

Someone above nailed the whole conversation perfectly!!  And as I said on another thread, that size 2 she kept ordering was too small on her!!!

She likes everything tight. If only she could order a size 0....  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@febe1wrote:

@RespectLifewrote:

@Soonerwrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1wrote:

I totally agree @Sooner

@Catch71

If you were in a B&M store making a purchase and the sales clerk put aside your transaction b/c she wished to order some things for herself, wouldn't you feel you were treated poorly? It's rude!

@febe1

Apples to oranges.

No host yakking is preventing anyone from making their own purchase.  Whatever they are blathering about does not delay your checking out one iota.  THEY do not service you....you place your order otherwise.

The hosts have to babble through a specific time period on an item.  The have to fill the air waves with something.

It is a sales gimmick.  A ploy.  An enticement.  Selling on TV involves drama, excitement...blah blah!  Anything to get you to purchase.

I do not see it as rude.  It's all a game and I accept it as that and don't fret over it.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLifewrote:

@febe1wrote:

@RespectLifewrote:

@Soonerwrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1wrote:

I totally agree @Sooner

@Catch71

@febe1

Apples to oranges.

No host yakking is preventing anyone from making their own purchase.  Whatever they are blathering about does not delay your checking out one iota.  THEY do not service you....you place your order otherwise.

The hosts have to babble through a specific time period on an item.  The have to fill the air waves with something.

It is a sales gimmick.  A ploy.  An enticement.  Selling on TV involves drama, excitement...blah blah!  Anything to get you to purchase.

I do not see it as rude.  It's all a game and I accept it as that and don't fret over it.

While the host discusses what she wants to buy, she is PREVENTING the customer from getting important information in which she can purchase. It's an excellent analogy, @RespectLife, and not apples and oranges.