Occasional Contributor

USA Made Products other than food

With  QVC making a point to showcase women owned, minority owned, etc business/products - I would love to see  a  show(s)  JUST showcasing USA made products (excluding food).

Respected Contributor

Re: USA Made Products other than food

QVC did that many years ago when they did the 50/50 Tours.  They went from state to state highlighting the products made those who lived in that state.  

It was a lot of fun and they had many excellent products.  

I don't think we will ever see anything like that again but it sure would be nice.  

Respected Contributor

I remember those shows. It's probably cost prohibitive as most everything is made overseas.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even American West jewelry, that used to be made in Albuquerque, NM, is now made overseas.

However, David Muir (ABC World News Tonight) has a segment near the holidays that searches out "Made in America", so there are still many things made here.  I just don't know if they could cope with the quantities and prices that QVC would demand.

Honored Contributor

Sadly, the US hasn't been a manufacturing country in many decades. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be deemed as political.

Respected Contributor

We just bought a Generac generator...which was manufactured in SC, just about 20 minutes from where I live! I'll admit, I don't know if ALL the components are made in America, but I was thrilled that the generator was at least partially made, and assembled here.

Funny thing was...while the machine was made close by, it had to be sent to the company installing it for delivery to our house. We live very close to the Georgia border, and the nearest "city" to us is there, so a lot of our business is done there. Anyway, they had to deliver the generator to a place a good hour's drive from the plant, only to have it brought back across the river to us!

Esteemed Contributor

Everything has been outsourced overseas.....very sad. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am of the view that the United States will never, ever be a predominantly manufacturing economy again.

It won't matter who or what is in office.

The workforce and economy is overwhelmingly service oriented and that will only grow over time.  Forecasts of job growth are in sales, healthcare, hospitality, software development, artificial intelligence technology.......

Sure, a few specialty, high priced items will be made.  But not much.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it would be great to set up a few shows focused on American-made products, perhaps around one of the patriotic holidays. There would certainly be enough items to feature with that type of approach. Just today, I've used items from Fiesta, Great Plate, Gourmac, and Nordic Ware, all made in the USA and available from QVC.