Contributor

Re: Shipping is SO HIGH,,,BUT than QVC takes FOREVER to ship!

I really never understand why QVC cannot group shipping together like every other retailer. QVC high shipping charges are the main reason I don't order more. Sometimes a price may be cheaper than another site but then shipping kills the deal. They should at least be able to group shipping in specific categories like beauty or brands. If theres a Philosophy or makeup show, why can't you group all items in 1 order together like any other website? Its crazy to sometimes pay 20-30% of the price on shipping. And if its a beauty line and you want to buy individual products, you can end up paying $20-30 in shipping alone. No other e-tailer (except another shopping channel and even they've started doing price breaks) does this. Unless its an exclusive or a special size, sites like Dermstore, SkinStore, etc often provide better deals. Not only because of free shipping, but if you frequent those sites, they regularly have 20-30% off promotions.

Yes, posters who say if you don't like the price , buy elsewhere are correct. HOWEVER, theres nothing wrong with making QVC aware that this is an issue. I know in the past, the reasoning they've provided is that items come from different distribution centers. I don't know if this is the case for products within the same brand. Even if thats true, other sites manage to do that. Even for some things like clothing or shoes that aren't exclusive brands, sites like Zappos, Shoebuy, ShoeMall again provide free shipping AND free returns, and Shoebuy often has 20-30% off as well. Same with Bed Bath Beyond which mails out 20% coupons to me every week (and they don't expire). Nordstrom actually has free shipping and free returns on everything, including beauty products if you want to try a beauty product or makeup.

Its something QVC really should try to fix to be competitive. There are so many times they say something is the best value, and then I google it and find a better price. So Q ends up being a commercial. So yes, do whats convenient...Some people don't want to shop around or don't care.

My other pet peeve is the hosts constantly saying things like you can get it for under $20 when theres a $7 shipping charge. Not a single viewer can purchase that product for under $20 so just be honest. Same with all the easy pay - you can get it for $20..Yeah $20 for the next 6 months. Or try it at no risk, you have nothing to lose - except having to pay to ship it back. Yeah, it may only be $6-7 but thats still not 'free' , esp if its a $20 item.

The bottom line is be an educated consumer and don't take what the hosts say as gospel. They're sales people. Have you ever heard them say a negative thing bout an item? Have they ever tasted a food item t hat wasn't delicious and the best thing ever?

Contributor

On 12/3/2014 Matty6 said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Lynmom the shipping is high at QVC and most other places. There are some sites that have free shipping and handling. LL Bean for one and I noticed also at Amazon.com a lot of items are free shipping. Don't listen to people like KYtoby or whatever it calls itself. Welcome to the boards! And please feel free to express yourself anyway you like.. nothing in your thread is "Deplorable" if anything KYtoby nasty uncalled for and immature ranting's was "Deplorable" and rude as she usually posts. Click on the ignore button and poof it is gone. Have a nice day!Wink

A lot of places have free shipping if you buy a certain amount. Other places have free returns; they send you a free label. But my main complaint is that QVC doesnt group shipping unless you buy 2 of the same items and even then its only a few dollars. IF theres a Philosophy or Laura Geller or Mally show, why can't you group the shipping if someone buys 4 products of the same line during the same show. That seems like something easy. Should someone really have to pay $5 for each lipstick and moisturizer and cleanser? I havent seen a single webite that does that. They either give you free shipping if you spend a certain amount or they have a standard shipping price depending on how much you spend. Many sites also have regular discount coupons and promotions. Except for some TSV, Q doesnt have very good sales. (HSN actually does often have huge price cuts). And the other thing they often do, esp with TSV, is they post a regular QVC price and then the TSV price, so you think you're saving all that money. But actually, if you check back the following day, the item usually is still at a featured price so often the savings is only $5-10. Hey money is money but its still not as great a bargain as they imply.

Actually if you want to save more money, whether on QVC or another site , you should try using ebates. You just go to that site and click thru to wherever you're buying and you earn cash back. It varies per site and per day - can be as little as 1% and Ive gotten as much as 15%. They also often give you the coupon codes right there. I bought products from Ahava on Cyber Monday. They had a promotion of 35% off everything, free shipping, a free $35 large hand cream, and in addition, Ebates gave me an additional 12% off. My dog is on special prescription food and I bought it from a website that had 20% off (ebates gave me the code) and then gave me another $10 in cash back. Same with Gap/Old Navy - It was 40% off and another 12% cash back. If you sign up using the link below, you'll also get a bonus after your first purchase. They send you a check every 3 months so the next payment is in February. Ive already earned $60 for buying what Id buy anyway. (Also check your credit card. I have Bank of America and they have special cash back rewards for special stores. You just have to activate it. This is in addition to whatever cash back or miles or points you'd get from your card)..

So if you want to start earning cash back, just sign up using this link. QVC cash back is low today but like I said it changes every day for every store. If you do online shopping, its a no brainer

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=SYD2UeO04EupD2BqYvJMsw%3D%3D&eeid=26471

Contributor

On 11/30/2014 KYToby said:

Honestly, I do not understand posts like this.

Shipping costs money, and it is never "free." Some retailers prefer to hide shipping costs within the base price of products. QVC makes no secret of its shipping costs and has them clearly listed with the cost of each item. It is not as if they add the undisclosed shipping charge after customers have already ordered.

Over and over again, people come on here and complain about the shipping charges -- generally after having purchased items. Frequently, they compare QVC to other retailers, claiming they could purchase the same items cheaper, with free shipping, at other sites. They then threaten never to purchase again.

Enough! You are an adult. If you can truly get the items cheaper elsewhere, do I. Wht persist in shopping here? QVC is doing nothing but operating its business as it sees fit. If you choose to shop here, recognize that it is your choice -- no one is forced to shop here, and unless QVC has suddenly become the sole provider of heart medication, there is absolutely nothing that QVC sells that is essential,.

In other words, stop whining. That is exactly how these complaints come off. Whining in children is annoying. Whining in adults is deplorable!

Its not whining. If you don't let a company know that something is an issue or causes you to shop elsewhere, they don't know. QVC is the only web retailer I know of that charges shipping (and high shipping at t hat) for each individual item. Yes, its a free country and no one has to buy from QVC. But we also have freedom of speech. And companies like QVC want to hear from customers so they know how they can improve customer service and encourage more sales. I know personally I usually don't buy items in some categories, especially beauty, because the high shipping doesnt make it worth it when I can find it on another skincare sites where I not only get free shipping but can use a coupon code. Unless its an exclusive or one of those super sizes or package deals, Q doesnt end up being cheaper.

Occasional Contributor

I realized that the pre-paid return labels are sent through the US Mail even though our original cost was sent through UPS. USPS is cheaper than UPS but yet the Q charges us the same? They should pass that savings on to us with a return. Plus standing in line at the post office this time of years is brutal. I would much prefer the quick service of my UPS station.
Esteemed Contributor

The fact is the Q makes more money on their S&H. Additionally, their S&H is awful, throwing merchandise in a clear plastic bag into a white & green plastic bag that ships very poorly. And then, with their higher cost of S&H, it takes too long to arrive. A light weight ruffled scarf for $l9.99 with a $6.99 S&H plus tax that takes forever to arrive, I find I can and do do better. And if it does have a Christmas box, it's the vendor supplying that. The Q can do much better, and I expect much better and get much better from B&M and online at Christmas time.

Super Contributor

Amazon charges less shipping and free shipping over 35.00 and most retail online stores offer free shipping or a flat rate shipping no matter how many items in ones cart QVC shipping costs have actually stopped me from purchasing. They are. Multi billion dollar company and should lower the costs because they can if they truly wanted too
Super Contributor

On 11/30/2014 KYToby said:

Honestly, I do not understand posts like this.

Shipping costs money, and it is never "free." Some retailers prefer to hide shipping costs within the base price of products. QVC makes no secret of its shipping costs and has them clearly listed with the cost of each item. It is not as if they add the undisclosed shipping charge after customers have already ordered.

Over and over again, people come on here and complain about the shipping charges -- generally after having purchased items. Frequently, they compare QVC to other retailers, claiming they could purchase the same items cheaper, with free shipping, at other sites. They then threaten never to purchase again.

Enough! You are an adult. If you can truly get the items cheaper elsewhere, do I. Wht persist in shopping here? QVC is doing nothing but operating its business as it sees fit. If you choose to shop here, recognize that it is your choice -- no one is forced to shop here, and unless QVC has suddenly become the sole provider of heart medication, there is absolutely nothing that QVC sells that is essential,.

In other words, stop whining. That is exactly how these complaints come off. Whining in children is annoying. Whining in adults is deplorable!

And your post is what? Whining about the whiners?

Valued Contributor

Good one, Fabby.
Honored Contributor

I don't get where some think it takes forever as I rarely have had anything that takes very long to come. Sometimes it still shows in process which does make it difficult to know when a delivery is scheduled. I don't have a problem with paying shipping and handling because there doesn't seem to be any company offering free shipping that doesn't make up for it in prices. Even with Amazon, some things are slightly more expensive.

I recently purchased a Dyson Cannister vacuum for $249 with free shipping here and 5 attachments. Amazon prime's cost was $299 and non prime $269 with $16.99 shipping and handling. Even with paying shipping here it would have been cheaper than Amazon! Products here come from different warehouse and some are the manufacturers' so I'm sure that accounts for the differing costs and why some are free shipping.

Fine with me if anyone wants to come on here and boo hoo but they made the choice to purchase here so why complain??!!!

Respected Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Pook said:

I don't get where some think it takes forever as I rarely have had anything that takes very long to come. Sometimes it still shows in process which does make it difficult to know when a delivery is scheduled. I don't have a problem with paying shipping and handling because there doesn't seem to be any company offering free shipping that doesn't make up for it in prices. Even with Amazon, some things are slightly more expensive.

I recently purchased a Dyson Cannister vacuum for $249 with free shipping here and 5 attachments. Amazon prime's cost was $299 and non prime $269 with $16.99 shipping and handling. Even with paying shipping here it would have been cheaper than Amazon! Products here come from different warehouse and some are the manufacturers' so I'm sure that accounts for the differing costs and why some are free shipping.

Fine with me if anyone wants to come on here and boo hoo but they made the choice to purchase here so why complain??!!!

Hello, Pook. Smile

No offense to you or anything, but peoples' budget nowadays are tight. When one person has no trouble affording might be difficult for someone else to afford. Sometimes an item can be a good price, but the shipping can be a bit too high, and that's before tax is added.

And again, no offense to you, but.....you may want to work on the delivery of your posts. Posting that people are boo hoo-ing can complaining over something legitimate doesn't usually come across as polite.................and maybe use a few less exclamation points.....it kind of comes across as overly aggressive.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder