Occasional Contributor

Why oh why can't they make robes longer?  I'm not that tall, 5'8", but robes come to mid-calf.  I want one that comes to my ankles, especially when it's a plush winter style robe.  Please offer Tall options on robes.

Respected Contributor

I do agree. They seem to make them for women in the mid to lower 5 foot range a lot of the time... hmmm... I do not think I have actually owned a robe that came down to my ankles my entire adult life, would be nice though... this is why I have not bought a robe in many years - give me a long one!! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I imagine they're trying to find a universal length that is acceptable by everyone so they only have to stock one length.  I don't like my robes floor length and prefer mid-calf.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I had a near floor length robe once and tripped once too often-calf length is safer for me! Lately I have given up on robes and turned to long lounging cardigans. Love them. I guess it doesn't replace the coverage of a long robe but I wear my cardigans with cozy lounging pants and feel dressed if someone comes to the door or family drops in.

Occasional Contributor

They make pants in tall, why not robes too?

Super Contributor

If I am allowed to post---- try LL Bean. They oofer tall sizes in just about everything they sell. I am 5 ft 6 inches and my bathrobe is an inch above my ankle.

Honored Contributor

I have indoor stairs, so floor length robes are a no-no (for me).  Same with smooth-soled slippers.  I've been known to simply and carefully cut off ten inches of robes that I've purchased.  Fleece is easy to cut and no need to hem it. (I'm not particular and I opt for comfort and safety.) I like hooded fleece robes.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).