Respected Contributor

@MathisFan you gave me a good laugh. The repetitive scolding is just too much. I really giggle when multiple lines are gibberish in the rush to post the admonishments.

Trusted Contributor

Everyone reacts differently, but I believe most everyone reaches a point when they ask themselves, what am I doing on this shopping channel day after day?

I remember thinking, I have other things that need to be a priority.  There is more to life than shopping for the latest gizo, gadget and artlcle of clothing.  I don't need the latest and greatest.

Also, I believe as we age, other things/people become more important - IMO

Honored Contributor

Give yourself a rest, you could try posting more and watching less.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@MathisFan you gave me a good laugh. The repetitive scolding is just too much. I really giggle when multiple lines are gibberish in the rush to post the admonishments.

Smiley LOL    Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  Lol

Honored Contributor

IMO, from reading these forums, QVC is an addiction for many people.  QVC was great when it was the only game in town but now every store has a website and of course there's Amazon.  Obviously, the repetition attracts many people or the Q wouldn't do it.  These are also the high profit items--beauty rproducst, QF, SG, D&C, etc.  They also focus on the "flavor of the week" e.g., KVZ, now Vionic, etc.  I miss the variety of 10/15 years ago. 

Skip watching and check out the products you're interested in on the webiste and look for "entertainment" elsewhere. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Withdrawals...

[ Edited ]

@3suwm5 wrote:

Everyone reacts differently, but I believe most everyone reaches a point when they ask themselves, what am I doing on this shopping channel day after day?

I remember thinking, I have other things that need to be a priority.  There is more to life than shopping for the latest gizo, gadget and artlcle of clothing.  I don't need the latest and greatest.

Also, I believe as we age, other things/people become more important - IMO

All true. Not even to mention that with gizmos, gadgets or pretty much anything else... the 'latest and the greatest' are rarely to be found here...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

QVC is a retailer which sells items to make a profit.  It is nothing more.

It does not exist to entertain us.  It does not exist to alleviate our boredome.

Its product rotation obviously meets its needs, and it sells these "repetitive" items quite well.

If you are "withdrawing" from QVC because you are tired of its programming, then you have obviously expected QVC to be more than it actually is (ie. a retailer).

Interesting, because you'd think a retailer would strive NOT to have customers 'withdraw', and you'd particularly think one with a broadcast sales operation might strive to entertain and not to bore customers... as at least part of their focus.

As for that endless rotation of the same products, when product saturation sets in, let's see how well this model is meeting their needs... But wait, it seems a survey has gone out asking some customers why they're watching and shopping less... Gasp... could it be that the model is floundering as we speak...

stevieb.... you are consistently astute in your reasoning!

I agree with you completely!  Yes, the Q is a retailer (of course it is) but it is also on television (as you stated) and ever more the reason NOT to bore their customers!

They never used to.... with special Halloween shows, funny comedic interludes (Joan Rivers was hysterical).  Funny spots and presentations that required FORETHOUGHT, planning and rehersal rather than getting the models, a host and a vendor dancing, kicking and giggling through their hour (I like Happy but come on.... it's boring after five minutes).....

But wait, it seems a survey has gone out asking some customers why they're watching and shopping less... Gasp... could it be that the model is floundering as we speak...

I think it's floundering and needs presentation along the lines of  (wait for it)..... Entertainment!

But that requires some talent (planning) behind the scenes .... I hope they get it 

So contrary to one poster's continual drumming that the QVC is a retailer just like every other retailer... I respectfully disagree.... they have a distinct advantage being on TV and I hope they utilize the fact to their advantage before it's too late.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I seldom watch, and when you check the program guide it the same things, over and over again.I have not ordered in over 3 years. The last thing I ordered was Robert Morris earring that were sterling silver in clearance for my sister.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

QVC is a retailer which sells items to make a profit.  It is nothing more.

It does not exist to entertain us.  It does not exist to alleviate our boredome.

Its product rotation obviously meets its needs, and it sells these "repetitive" items quite well.

If you are "withdrawing" from QVC because you are tired of its programming, then you have obviously expected QVC to be more than it actually is (ie. a retailer).

Interesting, because you'd think a retailer would strive NOT to have customers 'withdraw', and you'd particularly think one with a broadcast sales operation might strive to entertain and not to bore customers... as at least part of their focus.

As for that endless rotation of the same products, when product saturation sets in, let's see how well this model is meeting their needs... But wait, it seems a survey has gone out asking some customers why they're watching and shopping less... Gasp... could it be that the model is floundering as we speak...

stevieb.... you are consistently astute in your reasoning!

I agree with you completely!  Yes, the Q is a retailer (of course it is) but it is also on television (as you stated) and ever more the reason NOT to bore their customers!

They never used to.... with special Halloween shows, funny comedic interludes (Joan Rivers was hysterical).  Funny spots and presentations that required FORETHOUGHT, planning and rehersal rather than getting the models, a host and a vendor dancing, kicking and giggling through their hour (I like Happy but come on.... it's boring after five minutes).....

But wait, it seems a survey has gone out asking some customers why they're watching and shopping less... Gasp... could it be that the model is floundering as we speak...

I think it's floundering and needs presentation along the lines of  (wait for it)..... Entertainment!

But that requires some talent (planning) behind the scenes .... I hope they get it 

So contrary to one poster's continual drumming that the QVC is a retailer just like every other retailer... I respectfully disagree.... they have a distinct advantage being on TV and I hope they utilize the fact to their advantage before it's too late.

Thanks @Q4u and the highlighted section of your comments above is TOTALLY right on !! They have the advantage of television and they sadly fail to actualize its potential or anything even close...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

don't ask me why but yesterday my friend took me to lunch for my bd --

she asked if I would mind if we stopped at a few stores (keep in mind she shops everyday!) -- I don't normally shop unless I need something or a great sale.

First stop Kohls:

I'm walking thru Kohls and it struck me "hmmmmm nothing but the same stuff I saw 2 months ago.

2nd stop:

JCP - haven't been in that store since Christmas

3rd stop:

Bealls FL - same old stuff.

4th stop: 

Macys -- nothing I hadn't seen before and I was there last month.

don't ask me why this popped in my head "it's just like Q that we complain but I just wasted 3.5 hours mindlessly "wandering" looking at the same ole stuff! At least, Q I flick the channel!!!!