Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed in the last year or so the productions of segments have declined.  The hosts can only be as good as their producers especially when they are new.  Tonight on QVC Plus, a host made an error regarding the colors of a dress.  Not a big.  But it would seem that the producers would catch those things as to not mislead the customer.  It is a bit annoying when the hosts are fumbling over their cards.

One night a seasoned vendor was making her presentation and there a lot of noise off set.  The vendor had to stop and ask them to be quiet as the noise was very distracting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Productions

[ Edited ]

You're so right.

I even called in once because they were claiming the back of a watch was silver when in fact it was (and clearly said so on the QVC site) that it was stainless.  Since stainless is more durable, I found it quite odd they were .xxxx-bent on touting the benefits of silver.

And I agree that all too often clear mistakes are made that could easily be corrected then and there by a quick word in the ear by the producer who is supposed to be watching out for some of these things.  I mean, you could almost make a case for deceptive selling since you never seem to see any corrections being made.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for posting this topic. I have noticed this alot. There is often alot of chatter on and off the set. Hosts and vendors making inaccurate commments yet the Q return policy punishes us