New Contributor

Re: Open Letter to QVC Administration

Agreed!!!!!!! Carolyn's voice was annoying!!!!!!!!

New Contributor

Very well written and the way it works in corporate America "layoffs". When you are that age and have that much time in, take the severance package!!!!!

Contributor

This is ridiculous. People are devastated and this is traumatic? They are sales people. would you contact Wal-Mart if your favorite cashier was suddenly gone? I doubt it. None of us know what the facts are. Dan and Carolyn could have been offered great retirement packages and they jumped at the chance. Dan s health hasn't been great plus he has so many others irons in the fire. He might have been happy to go. Carolyn might have felt the same way. Time to move on. 

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

i will feel about something anyhow i darn well please

i will feel about something as long as i dang well please

i will continue to post about something as long as i dang well please

Agree with you @TheMemphisVette . This is a forum and everyone has a right to post.  I was not a big Carolyn fan, but I would never tell others to stop posting about her.  

Respected Contributor

I agree completely that posters should be able to comment about Carolyn (or Dan or others) all they like into perpetuity. 

However, the OP seemed to have the attitude that only those in agreement about Carolyn should post on this thread. 

Doesn't work that way on an open, public forum.  When you throw out an opinion you have to be prepared for opposing views.  I don't take kindly to another poster telling me where I may and may not post.

Honored Contributor

@radc wrote:

People need to stop being so naive about how big corporations work.

Sure, I wish all the hosts well. But I can't imagine being sooo attached to one that I am upset when one leaves. They are salespeople who happen to be on tv. They care about sales, not about viewers. They aren't our friends or even acquaintances.

And if you don't like how things work in the corporate world... stop voting for people who support right to work laws, campaign contribution excesses, and other laws that give corporations so much power over employees and politicians. 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

There seems to be the assumption that there was a little thought by QVC management when Carolyn and Dan were "retired".  And maybe we can change their minds and bring them back.

I've worked for some pretty big corporations, and there is a lot of thought put into releasing people who have worked as long as Caroline and Dan.  QVC has an HR Department who's job is to make sure people are treated fairly.  I am asuming that has been done regardless of the "Facebook" posts, etc.    

Having been in high level positions at a huge international corporation for nearly 40 years, HR protects the company first, by ensuring no laws are broken when it comes to employees.   

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

Katie McGee for IT Cosmetics.

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

Yes thanks!  I knew it was 'Irish' LOL!

Honored Contributor

@JPMP wrote:

Very well written and the way it works in corporate America "layoffs". When you are that age and have that much time in, take the severance package!!!!!

30-40 years ago, people always got a severance. Not in today's world unless you're a VP or CEO. Today's corporate world just lets people go. Zip. Nada.

Respected Contributor

Meta's compensation package for all departing employees:

As for the company’s severance package, Zuckerberg laid out some of the details, which include:

• 16 weeks of base pay plus two additional weeks for every year of service
  • A payout for all remaining PTO
  • RSU vesting through Nov. 15
  • Six months of health insurance coverage for employees and their families
  • Three months of career support with an external vendor, including early access to job leads
  • Immigration support for workers here on a visa