Honored Contributor

Host Rotaton, Please, Please, Please

Please consider rotating your hosts periodically.  Not all the hosts are our favorites.  It would be nice to have some variety.  (Oh, and while your at it....can you change the pictures at the bottom of the home page, the one with SK and MD and a model.  It's been on there forever!!!)

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host Rotaton, Please, Please, Please

Noticed - those that need papa to babysit are on evenings A LOT. 

Honored Contributor

It does seem like they are rotating the hosts around but some hosts have been given their own shows so I doubt that will change.

But Pat and Jayne no longer do Monday and Friday fashions and I've noticed some of the hosts that seemed to be on Q2 almost exclusively are now back on QVC like Rachel Boesing and Antonella.

It also seems like the more popular hosts get the more primetime slots and that's probably not going to change either.   

Honored Contributor

Removing the hosts name from the title of the show would be a good start.

Trusted Contributor

I like the way they've taken a group of hosts and changed things up for the morning shows.  I wish they would do that in the evenings as well.  I enjoy Leah, Nancy, and Antonella when they are on evenings on Q2. Not sure why they (and others) can't be included in the QVC evening rotation. I almost never watch QVC in the evening.   

Valued Contributor

Are the hosts more popular or just the ones they choose to highlight and give the prime slots to?  I really wish they would remove the first names from the show titles as this is a shopping channel, not an entertainment channel. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would think the Q tries to give the hosts their preferred hours when they can. But first, they must go for their best sellers in their prime times both day and night. 

For instance, I've always felt Alberti must have two jobs. The Q seems like a part-time job for a go getter, young career man. 

Respected Contributor

I can understand your point...

I've also noticed big time, that the Q seems to increase those things, we here, do NOT like/want. (or majority of complaints anyway) Smiley Tongue

Complaints about s+h for years/months, and what did the Q do?......No more half off after 1st item- now PAY MEGA TO RETURN...they showed us!! No more emails to confirm a thing either..Smiley Frustrated

Also, they put those hosts most disliked/irritating/non professional, on air prime time much more.... Smiley Surprised

I could go on and on.What's the point. They'll use it against the customer.. Smiley Indifferent

jmo

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@Ilovetea Well.......it's how you look at it..... There seems to be a lot of ahem, "Entertainment" of sorts...... I won't spell it out as I'll be poofed again.... but your idea is good.... as is @brewhaha

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

I don't understand why we would think to insert ourselves into someone's work/life balance and personnel matters?  Certain hosts may have seniority or whatever that gives them hours that work best for them.  Newer ones may get less attractive hours until they have fine tuned their skills and put in the time. I'll bet there are clauses in their contracts about hours and schedules.

It'd be like working for a company for 20 years and them giving a brand new employee the best schedule.  A business wouldn't keep many employees that way.