Honored Contributor

HOW ABOUT SOME REASONABLY PRICED SHOES

I see QVC has a new brand of shoes Mephiso which is nice to see a new brand but really $270??  I would like to see some reasonably priced shoes.

Valued Contributor

Re: HOW ABOUT SOME REASONABLY PRICED SHOES

Mephisto has always been a pricey brand.  I bought a pair of their sandals over 15 years ago, and they cost $120.  I'm not at all aurprised at the $270 price now.

Honored Contributor

@PeckyMephisto certainly isn't going to be a shoe that sells 50,000 in a day like a Ryka or a Clark's.

But I think there's a smaller QVC market that does pay that price for the right shoe.  Until your post, I had no idea the Q even had anything Mephisto, so I looked at the available assortment - not a whole lot I'd buy, but it's more a style that would work for my feet than the price that's a problem for me.  I already wear the brand.

Esteemed Contributor

While none of the styles appeal to me, I do know that Mephisto shoes can easily cost more than $300, so these prices seem fairly reasonable based on the brand.   If I liked the styles then I would probably purchase them just because I like the fact that no one else has tried on or wore the shoes before.  As I get older, I prefer not to purchase any apparel where someone else has tried it on.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I used to wear Mephistos and loved them, usually I wore the sandals (about 20 years ago).  They had a footbed much like Birkis and cost $120.00 back then.  Lasted forever, provided good support and looked great.  

I'd think about buying an enclosed Mephisto but can no longer wear the mules (without a back) since I accidently kicked off a mule starting down the stairs and fell in 2010....

Mephisto is an excellent product but yes, expensive .... Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

While none of the styles appeal to me, I do know that Mephisto shoes can easily cost more than $300, so these prices seem fairly reasonable based on the brand.   If I liked the styles then I would probably purchase them just because I like the fact that no one else has tried on or wore the shoes before. As I get older, I prefer not to purchase any apparel where someone else has tried it on.

Just a reminder that QVC resells returns.... they didn't use to years ago but you might well receive shoes and clothing that have been tried on... even worn for a while (30 days to return something) and surprisingly Quality Control often doesn't really look over the item well.  I've received clothing with residual perfume and shoes that have been obviously broken in. 

Respected Contributor

Agree.  Just a year ago, there were many more choices that wee closer to $50, even Clarks and Vionic.  As these brands grew , the prices have increased unreasonably- IMO.  I now go to DSW, lots of reasonably priced choices and I can try them on!  Decided no longer buying shoes off television. 

Honored Contributor

I'm afraid that I can no longer purchase shoes off television. Very strange that I've had so much trouble with shoes from QVC because I'm a true off the shelf size 9M with no foot problems.  I love a well constructed shoe and will pay for it, but I can also pick my size off the clearance rack and have no problems with it..... but I decided a year or two ago that I won't be returning any more shoes....  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

While none of the styles appeal to me, I do know that Mephisto shoes can easily cost more than $300, so these prices seem fairly reasonable based on the brand.   If I liked the styles then I would probably purchase them just because I like the fact that no one else has tried on or wore the shoes before.  As I get older, I prefer not to purchase any apparel where someone else has tried it on.

@SXMGirl

Don't assume that when you order shoes/clothing/handbags from QVC that you're receiving items that no one has tried on before.

I have received obvious returns in all 3 areas in the 20+ years that I've shopped with Q.

A funny note on this subject, when Paula Deen (before her downfall) was being interviewed on a news show (Today or GMA?) about her new relationship with QVC, she mentioned on the show that her first experience with QVC was when she ordered a pair of shoes which turned out to be used.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

There are so many places online to buy shoes.  I probably get 90% of my casual, everyday shoes from LandsEnd.  Good qualty, great selection and excellent prices (frequent sales).

My favorite QVC brand is White Mountain.  I have their ankle boots and their thong sandals.  I have the sandals in several colors. 

I just bought the Clark TSV sandal ... okay but not great.  Won't buy Clark again.

I get my dressy shoes at a local shoe store.