Super Contributor

Get some sincerity into the hosts

Honestly watching or listening to them is uncomfortable. They are especially phoney when taking calls, forcing their one way to answer this question on callers, not really tuning into what people say or even repeating it correctly. Getting on and off the call so fast, why did they take it. This is what you call BS, dont make us listen, stop the phoney behavior. It is so suffocating. And, also the parts these hosts play, as if they created on air charactuers of themselves and they must keep it going..phoney phoney phoney. I can tell when a host is being real and when they are so full of themselves it is taking over the show and its about a 50/50 so you have some work to do QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Get some sincerity into the hosts

Was there a specific instance that bothered you .... or are you just blowing off steam?

Super Contributor

Yes, I agree, Spunky. Some of the hosts are so obviously phony that you almost feel embarrassed for them. I wonder if they realize how obvious and uncomfortable it is when they force enthusiasm and gush over vendors and their products.
Respected Contributor

Of course, the obvious answer is--don't watch.

Respected Contributor

On 8/31/2014 insomniac said:

Of course, the obvious answer is--don't watch.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Was there a specific instance that bothered you .... or are you just blowing off steam?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

I completely understand what the OP is saying.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

There may be a few who do some of what you say, but my PERSONAL OPINION is that most of them are fairly real. To name a few, Carolyn Gracie, Sandra Bennett, Nancy Hornback, Mary Beth Roe, Antonella Nester......and others.

They are in sales, after all, so there are certain things they have to do. But overall, I like and enjoy most of them, and I don't think they're being insincere at all. Of course, I'm sure it gets old, doing the same thing day after day...which happens to most of us in a job. They have personal lives, and I'm sure they have problems, just as the rest of us do, and I doubt that it's always easy to seem sincere on air when you've got more serious things on your mind. Just think if we all had to do our jobs on camera for millions of people every day - how would we come across?

" I don't give a specific instance because that is publicly shaming a host."

You don't want to publicly shame a specific host, but it's okay to lump them all together and shame all of them???

Super Contributor

Marketing and sincerity mix about as well as oil and water. Don't expect it.

Honored Contributor

I want to see what is being presented, I don't care what the host says, if I find her or him too annoying I just turn the sound off. I watch with the sound off a lot lately.