Respected Contributor

Re: Food Presentations

[ Edited ]

Recently, even our local common-garden-variety-grocery stores are selling beef cuts and ground beef packages clearly labeled as grass-fed, and they have sold organic chicken for a long time, alongside the more ordinary chcken.  The prices of these "more natural" products, however, are so high that many people no doubt pass them up and head straight to the more ordinary products in the meat case.

I believe QVC is just "going where the money is", and that money is paid by customers who want a reasonably high-quality food without paying full-freight for the products which cater to more specialized and particular tastes.  Maybe QVC will catch up to what is now being done in our local grocery stores, and will label products more fully for those who want to know.

Honored Contributor

I don't order long distance foods.  Easier to return when it's local.  Also, I get the information person-to-person, from the butchers at the meat counter, etc.  They will slice it 'just right', etc.  Nice people over there.........Heart 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

ITA