Valued Contributor

I am a woman with very little color and nude undergarments are never a color for me.  

Super Contributor

your reply I think was needlesly cruel and thoughtless. It was her opinion and she is entitled to it. If you can be anything today try to be KIND

Occasional Contributor

I haven't brought it up before because I don't usually post stuff to blogs etc, what is irritating is that QVC etc is going out of their way to show how inclusive they are yet still describe products as nude there are many shades of nude use them all or none, so who is jumping on what bandwagon ?

Trusted Contributor

I noticed Vanity Fair is using the color neutral instead of nude for intimates. Makes sense, and I think others should follow suit.

vanity fair hsn.PNG

Respected Contributor

@coco14 

I laughed in agreement with your clever reply.

Though I must say, what some people find bothersome - are infact bothersome to them even if I'd not give it a second thought...it's still an issue for them.

I loudly correct any person speaking on TV when I hear a word mispronounced.  Trivial, yes.   Silly - oh yes very...but for ME it's bothersome. 

So yea...the MOD has an issue; and - like a bellybutton, we have them.

Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I'm not beige either. lol 

Try looking at a Giorgio Armani color chart for their makeup. Light/pink, light/beige, medium yellow-beige and on and on to the darkest skin shade.  And I still haven't found the right match.

In the case of QVC, I think different brands describe their shades better than others, ie IT Cosmetics.  Pretty descriptive for all skin shades.

Occasional Contributor

Unbelievably closed-minded and privileged response. Disgusting.

Honored Contributor

@bigtraps wrote:

The words diversity and inclusion need to thrown away.  It just sounds bad, and a companies attempt to indoctrinate people.  

Can I ask what is being indoctrinated?  

I find diversity to be wonderful.  Acceptance, equality, tolerance, kindness, and love are a lot more fun than hating or discriminating.

Honored Contributor

IMO nude AKA naked means no color, you can be nude/naked whatever color you are.  The beige is a color that most of the time does not show through fabrics.  Neither of which has anything to do with skin color, only fabric color.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@bigtraps wrote:

The words diversity and inclusion need to thrown away.  It just sounds bad, and a companies attempt to indoctrinate people.  

Can I ask what is being indoctrinated?  

I find diversity to be wonderful.  Acceptance, equality, tolerance, kindness, and love are a lot more fun than hating or discriminating.

I am so very VERY GRATEFUL to find this post here, and to see your wonderful thoughts in print, @CalminHeart .

I am as white as snow, I was SO OVERJOYED when Crayola Crayons woke up and saluted the fact that telling children with skins of ALL COLORS "nude" didn't just mean MY COLOR that I bought a box for my OLD MIDDLE CLASS SELF.

@Melly52 I AM SO HAPPY to meet you here. I want you to know that I honor your opinion, and appreciate your peaceful honest statements.