Honored Contributor

Beauty Revolution Show; 5/10

[ Edited ]

Please QVC re the BeautyBio bronzing drops.  Both hosts and vendor were touting the spf 40 in this product.  They made it sound like if you put a few drops on your face, in your foundation, or moisturizer that you would get an spf of 40.  That is horribly misleading.  One needs to use 1/4 TEASPOON of product to get the proper benefit of an spf.  

Credibility and honesty matter QVC for the hosts and vendors.

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Revolution Show; 5/10

Both of these hosts are unwatchable!!!!

Honored Contributor

That's pretty much the same for moisturizers or foundations that have spf in them.  I use Elemis moisturizer with SPF.  Guess it's better than nothing, but not much better.  I realize that, but that's pretty much what I wear on a daily basis and nothing else.  They never say anythng about that in those presentations either.  

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Both of these hosts are unwatchable!!!!

I watch them just fine.  Are we critiquing the hosts or the product?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

That's pretty much the same for moisturizers or foundations that have spf in them.  I use Elemis moisturizer with SPF.  Guess it's better than nothing, but not much better.  I realize that, but that's pretty much what I wear on a daily basis and nothing else.  They never say anythng about that in those presentations either.  

@Icegoddess  - You're right now that I think about that.  I used to use Elemis so watched their shows regularly and they didn't bring it up.  Maybe the Q is just assuming people know to use a regular sunscreen along with the products.

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Most bottles say "helps" block which is different from an real sunblock. 

Respected Contributor

I asked my Dermatologist about spf in moisturizer and foundation.  He said that amount is fine for winter, but come summer use a separate spf of 35 or more.