Respected Contributor

Jeff Gordon's stint with Fox Network NASCAR Sprint Cup is already over!  He probably will do the honors for Fox next season, but what will he do 'til then?  He's done such a great job.  I guess NBC Sports will take over through Homestead.  I wonder what Jeff will do with all his free time!  I really will miss him during the remaining races!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Where Will Jeff Gordon Go?

@fortune wrote:

Jeff Gordon's stint with Fox Network NASCAR Sprint Cup is already over!  He probably will do the honors for Fox next season, but what will he do 'til then?  He's done such a great job.  I guess NBC Sports will take over through Homestead.  I wonder what Jeff will do with all his free time!  I really will miss him during the remaining races!!!

There were rumors that he was the favorite to co-host with Kelly Ripa. It would make sense. He could fly to the races on the weekends then back to NY for the show.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

He sure would  bring the ratings down as I found him not intersting and fun and he  did not seem to have great chemistry with Kelly even though he supposedly friends with Kelly and her husband.

Honored Contributor

@fortune

I too will miss Jeff with Fox races. Unless NBC has picked up someone I don't know about, they pale in comparison to the Fox crew.

Am now watching the DVR Sonoma Race. Did not hear them say yet this is the last race on Fox.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They aren't bringing him back next year? I'm pretty sure the man doesn't need to work and will be fine until next time Fox hosts.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

They aren't bringing him back next year? I'm pretty sure the man doesn't need to work and will be fine until next time Fox hosts.

Yes they will bring him back next year, I hope!!!  In the meantime, maybe he can come down to my house for a nice long visit!!!

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Yes they will bring him back next year, I hope!!!  In the meantime, maybe he can come down to my house for a nice long visit!!!

LOL! I wasn't a Jeff fan for a long time but he wore me down and I started liking him more about 3 or 4 years ago. I think he did a great job at announcing the races and he added alot, providing alot of inside information that even DW didn't do. It is too bad that he retired from racing so early!

Trusted Contributor

JeFf Gordon has been picked to be Kelley Ripa's co-host