Trusted Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

I'm enjoying the game and the half time show. I have attended a super bowl and so many things go on. It's a crazy time. I had a great time however!  I will be going to usher in concert this fall and I am so excited! I was up dancing the whole time during the half time show. My friends an I decided we need more cardio training to keep up with usher!

@Franklinbell 

Usher also picked up a marraige license while in Vegas, it's good for a year. Looks like he may marry his longtime GF, an exec at his record company.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Love Usher, but the half time show was not exciting. Have seen better.

same

Esteemed Contributor

It did end up being an exciting game though I would have liked to see the forty niners win.  I just like the Purdy underdog story, would have been great for him!  Oh well, it's over and now we move on..........no football Smiley Sad

And I have to agree regarding Kelce's behavior,  I said to DH, Miss Taylor may want to rethink this relationship, true colors?

Esteemed Contributor

Travis, the big jerk.

427791040_2060517917654391_6001647824467212193_n.jpg

Super Contributor

I watch Super Bowl mostly for the commercials. The sport is still difficult to understand for me. The half-time was nice, nothing controversial.

On the chats, most people were rooting for the Kansas Chiefs because Taylor Swift's boyfriend is playing on the team. I know about him due to that, not to his career as a NFL player.

At the end, the Kansas team defeated the San Francisco 49ers. The latter were losing the game until the 3rd quart.

Honored Contributor

I am glad the Chiefs won, but very dissappointed in Travis Kelce's behavior...So disrespectful to his coach.

Sad to see him in this "light".....

Esteemed Contributor

Taylor Swift's first chore of the day:

Dear John, er, um, I mean Travis,

Well we accomplished what we set out to do. I am sure you realize that we were never meant to be, so can I have my friendship bracelet back?

Sincerely yours,

Tay-tay

Respected Contributor

Re: SB LVIII watch thread

[ Edited ]

Perhaps a knowledgeable football fan will know if the Travis incident with Coach Reid will result in any type of punishment either within the team or the NFL.

I have never seen an incident like this in all my years of watching college and pro football.

That behavior at the Super Bowl or anywhere was reprehensible.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SB LVIII watch thread

[ Edited ]

@Mersha   perhaps this will put it into some perspective.   Kelce just wanted to play.  He's a great competitor.  Andy Reed understands it

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2024-irate-travis-kelce-screams-at-andy-reid-heres-wha...

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat   I don't care how much Kelce wanted to play.  He exhibited terrible behavior and total lack of sportsmanship on a very big stage.

When the Chiefs were playing the Ravens, he was involved in another incident with their field goal kicker.  He took his equipment and threw it so he could have the field at the exact spot the kicker was practicing. 

He seems to have serious anger management issues.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF