Honored Contributor

Really... Why ARE they poofing the days of DOONEY threads?

QVC just grows more and more annoying at almost every level...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 12/11/2014 EdithEllenLily said:

Stevieb: That's great you finally went for a Bristol and I'm glad you got the lower price. It's a wonderful silhouette. Hope you like it!

BTW, what did you think of that grey satchel you ordered with the light-colored handles? I can't remember the name of it...

Hey EEL... I was torn on the colors, as almost all of them were available... I've long liked this bag in bone and toyed with the crimson but the bottom line was I wear a lot of black and decided the grey would get the most wear. If I love it, I might go back for another, assuming one can be found... I don't often go for 'natural' only because I have quite a few bags in brown tones, but there's something about this bag I like in that choice too.

I love that coated cotton satchel! Love it! The light grey is the prettiest color and although I'm not a big fan of light handles, they work with this bag. It's a traditional 'speedy' silhouette, which I love and a nice size. Sort of a shocker that I liked it as much as I did... Hated paying full price, but, well, at least there was Easy Pay... and since this was a newer color I had no idea when or if I might find this one on sale... Besides, as I mentioned above, I'm getting kind of weary of playing the retail 'game'. I'm planning to be buying quite a few less bags than I'm used to, so am going to occasionally take the path of least resistance.

Wink

Now, precisely what DID you buy on Day 2... It seems to me you've yet to give us the big reveal...

Wink

Valued Contributor
On 12/11/2014 stevieb said:
On 12/11/2014 tough_kitty said: Stevie, I hope you like the Bristol in grey. But wow. $232 for as-is seems a bit high. I won the auction on eBay, for the first time ever, and hoping it's a winner... $166 new Bristol in violet.

We'll see... Maybe high, maybe not, it was just easy and there was still a savings. I'm just sort of tired of futzing around with all the supposed sales and codes and bids and so on. It was there, I've been wanting it and so there you have it. Besides, I ended up ordering the last TSV. It was going to be a present, but I decided it was too extravagant for the person I had in mind (hey, it is what it is...), so then decided maybe I'd keep it so I opened it and while it's a very pretty bag, I don't want it, so it'll go back. That's quite a savings. As I've been saying, I'm sort of 'over' Dooney, at least for right now and the only two bags I want that I don't have in some color or configuration are the Bristol and the Buckley... Well, one down...

Wink

Wait a minute, you ordered the last TSV and didn't tell us!?!? Do you mean the European embossed pebble leather satchel?? I'm curious what you thought about it. And by the way, I never bought anything on eBay because I'm afraid of scam and most sellers have no return policy. But I wanted to compare the prices with the Dooney days and the violet Bristol was there! I am surprised the lady sold it for such a low price. I was willing to pay $180. So, I should see on Saturday if it's worth the price.
Super Contributor

Really... Why ARE they poofing the days of DOONEY threads?

QVC just grows more and more annoying at almost every level...

So true, stevie. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Sue Clifton poofs my posts on her FB page when I provide info to Dooney fans about bags being cheaper on ILD or the Dooney site. I suppose she doesn't like losing her commissions from sales on the Q (too bad). {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Super Contributor

Today, at dooney dot com, the zip zip satchel is offered for $138.60 in many colors! Wink Sweet!

And, for all the Samba (lock) lovers, there are lots of bags/styles to choose from at reduced prices (so much better than the Q would ever offer them). That lock doesn't float my boat and, IMO, it looks worse on the wallets. {#emotions_dlg.scared} Saw several styles at Belk and they weren't "selling", at all. (The saleslady agreed with my assessment of the 'new' lock on the Dooneys). {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Honored Contributor
On 12/11/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 12/11/2014 tough_kitty said: Stevie, I hope you like the Bristol in grey. But wow. $232 for as-is seems a bit high. I won the auction on eBay, for the first time ever, and hoping it's a winner... $166 new Bristol in violet.

We'll see... Maybe high, maybe not, it was just easy and there was still a savings. I'm just sort of tired of futzing around with all the supposed sales and codes and bids and so on. It was there, I've been wanting it and so there you have it. Besides, I ended up ordering the last TSV. It was going to be a present, but I decided it was too extravagant for the person I had in mind (hey, it is what it is...), so then decided maybe I'd keep it so I opened it and while it's a very pretty bag, I don't want it, so it'll go back. That's quite a savings. As I've been saying, I'm sort of 'over' Dooney, at least for right now and the only two bags I want that I don't have in some color or configuration are the Bristol and the Buckley... Well, one down...

Wink

Wait a minute, you ordered the last TSV and didn't tell us!?!? Do you mean the European embossed pebble leather satchel?? I'm curious what you thought about it. And by the way, I never bought anything on eBay because I'm afraid of scam and most sellers have no return policy. But I wanted to compare the prices with the Dooney days and the violet Bristol was there! I am surprised the lady sold it for such a low price. I was willing to pay $180. So, I should see on Saturday if it's worth the price.

Yes, I did, but it was bought as a gift and I never even opened it until yesterday. As noted, I picked up something more reasonably priced for the recipient I had in mind and toyed, briefly, with keeping the bag, so I opened. it. Before thinking better of it, I was going to simply wrap the box, unopened... I still haven't actually taken it out of the plastic because it's going back. I've not actually inspected it closely. I can tell you that it's a very pretty bag. I like the slightly pebbled texture of the coated leather and in fact find the look rather rich looking, but it is different from a more basic or traditional leather style. It's very finished looking. The closure leather strip and turnlock are pretty but appear a tad too small for the bag, which is fairly large... larger than I want. It's lovely in taupe, which is a grey/beige-ish taupe, but clearly taupe. I simply don't want it, though it is very pretty. I wouldn't rule out something else in this leather down the road, but I won't use this shopper enough to make it worth keeping, especially at the QVC price.

Honored Contributor

If it was listed as new, with or without tags, I'm sure your Bristol will be fine. If pre-used and any flaws disclosed, likewise, I'd feel confident you'll get your money's worth. Agreed, I always have reservations about shopping ebay, especially given the no return norm, but do occasionally. That's a good price. I suspect because of the color, which is sort of a more 'fashion', seasonal choice. The neutrals probably have a wider appeal ,but who knows. I didn't check ebay because as I noted above, I just wanted this purchase to be easy and didn't want to hassle with the unknown... QVC can be a pain, but one of the things they rely on is that they are familiar, a known commodity, so to speak..., and I know if there are problems they'll more than likely be easily resolved...

Respected Contributor
Based on what I've read on Facebook, I wouldn't be confident I would receive an order I placed on Dooney.com for Christmas.
Regular Contributor

Sky...Agreed. I placed an order on 11/26 and received it yesterday 12/11. Based on that math, I doubt that purchases made today would arrive in time. Unless you up-charge for expedited delivery, if available. Actually, now that I have received it, I would have preferred that they didn't send it. A rare, very cheaply made Dooney product (wristlet). I see a re-gifting in my future!

Respected Contributor

I thought there was a Day 10!

I ordered a bag on Day 3 and got it yesterday (6) days to receive. I got the black Florentine medium mail bag and it is very, very nice but heavy. The strap weighs more than the bag. It was half off so the price was good. I was getting kind of tired of holding a strap on my shoulder and this is a big crossbody, I won't load it down.

Unless I see something on Day 13 that will be it, the zip zip satchel doesn't cover that many colors and there are more 148.50 bags than the 138.50 they advertise for the sale. The colors I want are still 198.00.

Per FB it sounds like CS is still a major problem. If I order anything else I will keep in mind I may not get it. Shame on them.