Honored Contributor

Re: Why is the shipping so high??

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

Proof that the cost of an item has nothing to do with the cost of Shipping!ship.JPG

@snipsnapsnur.  It's  wholesale value is probably about $5.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Shipping charges are typically set by weight and size of box I thought.  Anyway, sneakers have gone up significantly. My hubby was looking at buying another pair of his favorite Hoka's and the same shoe is up over $30 from just 2 years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

It annoys me in particular when they charge the shipping fee on each item but then ship it all in one box. I'm quite sure as a high volume shipper that Q gets discounted shipping.

I had multiple items of clothing that I ordered and they either didn't fit or just weren't what I wanted so I boxed them up and shipped them all back in one box. I made a copy of the "packing slip" with item and order numbers and included it in the box. I think there were 6 items. It cost me $19.00 to ship it back via UPS with insurance. If I had used their labels, it would have been closer to $42.00.

Of course three weeks after I had returned the items, I still hadn't been refunded so I had to contact their returns people. They took care of getting the refunds to my account and I did check to be sure they didn't charge me for the shipping since honestly they are notorious for doing that even though I said in my e-mail to them that I had paid the shipping. 

I would like to see them offer free shipping on a set amount. That silly "buy one, get one at a lower price" is just a joke. The shipping charge on the 2nd item wipes out the discount. 

Like many of you, these days I put it in my wish list and think about it for a while to decide if I really want it or if it goes to a lower price.

Honored Contributor

@snipsnapsnur wrote:

These are sneakers.  Nothing special except they are new and $130.  What makes the shipping $10.97????ryka.JPG

The shipping on Shophq is ridiculous. Are these shoes on Q.  High shipping will make me not order the item.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

The real question should be what makes those "sneakers" worth $150?

Good question

Honored Contributor

ShopHQ now has free shipping every day.  This should be interesting.  There was a pair of Miz Mooz sandals that finally went down to a great price.  They usually have free shipping but because of the lower price the shipping was $13.  I did find it cheaper at the Miz Mooz site w/ free shipping.  It pays to shop around.