Valued Contributor

Re: Why is Tignanello sooo expensive now and with fake ""man made"" trim? What happened?

I've noticed that Allison Duncan Miller has not been on air for quite awhile. I wonder if she's still affiliated with the brand.
Super Contributor

Re: Why is Tignanello sooo expensive now and with fake ""man made"" trim? What happened?

I adored Tig in the beginning as well. I have a couple of original glove-leather that feel like a million dollars, I wouldn't give them up for the world! Today's 'glove leather is preposterous, as it's not very soft at all.

I am afraid Tig is going the way as many others, and trying to keep up with Dooney and other bags. Slowly sneaking up their prices to keep up with the competition. Everyone is raising their prices, and now all are getting too expensive. But Dooney was first, and then

B. Mac came along and tried to copy them. The rest is history, sadly.

On principle, I am consciously refusing to pay more than $ 125.00 for a handbag. If they charge more than that for a smaller purse made of leather, with no fancy details, I fear they are greedy and trying to steal my dollars. If you watch the sales, you can get a very fine all-leather purse for under $ 125.00. ( Not talking about those humongous tote bag styles.)