Honored Contributor

Re: Spenco - A Second Chance

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I find Spenco shoes to be much more satisfactory than Vionic, but Alegria is the best of all. 

But if you need that pronounced, tilted arch and deep heel cup, Alegria doesn't have it - or even close to it. While Alegria (and many other) shoes are comfy for a generally healthy foot, they are not made for/meant for customers with serious foot issues, like Vionic, Spenco, Aetrex, Dansko and The Walking Company's Abeo Bio are. With all those companies doing well financially (and there are others), there is clearly a need for them.

I really, really wish QVC and Liam would stop trying to convince QVC viewers that Vionics are perfect and totally comfortable for every foot. It does a disservice to the reason they were invented.

@Moonchilde  I've got a pronation problem so severe that I've had (unsuccessful) major surgery on my right foot.  I also have flat feet.  The arch in Vionic is much too severe for my feet as was Birkinstock's. Spenco's is more gentle but Alegria's is perfect for me. 

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Vionic could actually be harmful to wearers who have normal feet.  It's going to force the foot into an unnatural stance. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Spenco - A Second Chance

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I find Spenco shoes to be much more satisfactory than Vionic, but Alegria is the best of all. 

But if you need that pronounced, tilted arch and deep heel cup, Alegria doesn't have it - or even close to it. While Alegria (and many other) shoes are comfy for a generally healthy foot, they are not made for/meant for customers with serious foot issues, like Vionic, Spenco, Aetrex, Dansko and The Walking Company's Abeo Bio are. With all those companies doing well financially (and there are others), there is clearly a need for them.

I really, really wish QVC and Liam would stop trying to convince QVC viewers that Vionics are perfect and totally comfortable for every foot. It does a disservice to the reason they were invented.

@Moonchilde  I've got a pronation problem so severe that I've had (unsuccessful) major surgery on my right foot.  I also have flat feet.  The arch in Vionic is much too severe for my feet as was Birkinstock's. Spenco's is more gentle but Alegria's is perfect for me. 

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Vionic could actually be harmful to wearers who have normal feet.  It's going to force the foot into an unnatural stance. 

@Kachina624, I totally agree with your last paragraph. It's been causing disgruntled QVC customers from Vionic's beginning here.

I also have severe plantar fasciitis, so maybe that's part of the difference for me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all