Honored Contributor

When my plantar fasciitis was very, very painful a few years ago (2-3?), I bought a pair of Spenco flip-flops. The arch/anti-pronation tilt was not quite as pronounced (I thought) as Vionics, because my feet didn't hurt in Vionics, period, whereas they started to hurt/re-injure if I wore the Spencos too much.

FF to now and I was looking for a style (and a price) that Vionic doesn't offer. I bought a pair of Spencos that were exactly what I was looking for (Siesta slides), from Amazon, at $30 off Spenco's price and $9 cheaper than QVC when you figure in the shipping QVC charges vs free from Amazon. It was a shot in the dark because I wasn't sure of size any more.

They fit, they're comfy, and they're perfect for my purpose - summer "slippers" around the house and yard. I won't wear them for an all-day trip so as not to push things, but maybe to the market. And for some reason (?) the plastic footbed (I thought they'd have fake cork but they didn't) does not bother me and make my feet slip like the plastic footbed Vionics, which I will no longer buy.

Their styles are very limited, and I'm still buying Vionics, but I'm glad I decided to try the Spencos again.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Spenco - A Second Chance

I find Spenco shoes to be much more satisfactory than Vionic, but Alegria is the best of all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I totally agree.  I have purchased 2 pair of Spenco and I love them for comfort and to give me the support I need.  I just tried the Alegria sandals and looking forward to see how they work out for me,  and they also have a great footbed and are comfortable!

Respected Contributor

I can wear Spenco flips flops but have yet to find any style in Vionics that it suitable for me.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I find Spenco shoes to be much more satisfactory than Vionic, but Alegria is the best of all. 

But if you need that pronounced, tilted arch and deep heel cup, Alegria doesn't have it - or even close to it. While Alegria (and many other) shoes are comfy for a generally healthy foot, they are not made for/meant for customers with serious foot issues, like Vionic, Spenco, Aetrex, Dansko and The Walking Company's Abeo Bio are. With all those companies doing well financially (and there are others), there is clearly a need for them.

I really, really wish QVC and Liam would stop trying to convince QVC viewers that Vionics are perfect and totally comfortable for every foot. It does a disservice to the reason they were invented.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

I can wear Spenco flips flops but have yet to find any style in Vionics that it suitable for me.

I hear you, @muttmom

I can't wear the plain and simple flip-flops because of the slip 'n slide plastic footbeds, have 2-3 pair of the sueded footbed sandals but there is often something that stops me - usually not in colors or prints I wear or has some decorative touch I often think looks cheap and tacky.

I bought a pair of the Amber sandals because I wanted a strap at the back. They're excellently comfortable - and fairly ugly/unattractive on the foot. Not just me, others have not been kind either. Vionic tries too hard for edgy & avante-garde (or even just "on trend") - and misses frequently. 

I have many more pair of the slip-ons and athletic sneakers. You can't screw those up as easily ;-)

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Alegria doesnt have many styles in wide widths.  I've see they had some kind of inserts to make their shoes wide..wonder how that works. I like their styles.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I wear men's Spenco exclusively (I am female) indoors and out.  They give me the toe room and support I need.

My closet looks like a store - I stock up when I find them on sale through the Spenco site.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I wear men's Spenco exclusively (I am female) indoors and out.  They give me the toe room and support I need.

My closet looks like a store - I stock up when I find them on sale through the Spenco site.

I suspect that certain styles of Spencos (like the ones I just bought), even though they're not marketed that way, are Unisex like Crocs. 

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV  I don't know how the wide footbed works because I have the opposite problem in that some styles tend to be too wide for me.  When you order off the Alegria website, they ask if you want the wide width.  I wish somebody would click yes, then report back here and tell us what you get. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment