Super Contributor

Re: OK, girls! I did it! I applied leather moisturizer on my new blush G.i.l.i ...

On 5/26/2014 cactusjack said: Just a follow up to let any whom is interested that it's the day after I moisturized my blush Roma she looks great! She isn't shiny or glossy but I know she is well conditioned so I feel much better. I just wanted her protected from easy marks or scratches. There are no color changes or splotchy changes to the color & leather for those who were concerned this may alter the leather in any way. She is a soft enough to touch the way she came so I wasn't trying to do that. I do not know how to post a picture (I'm on an iPad) or I would post it for you... just a follow up FYI to those who are interested.

CJ thank you for the update. Glad to hear your pretty blush is all moisturized and protected. I don't have that Coach brand treatment, although I do have mink oil... and I haven't taken the plunge yet and treated my natural ostrich bag. I don't know why I am so apprehensive, I know I want to keep her, I guess I am just afraid of doing something that will ruin her. Sounds silly probably... and I want to protect the bag with something. just don't want to mess it up. *sigh*

Valued Contributor

Re: OK, girls! I did it! I applied leather moisturizer on my new blush G.i.l.i ...

I was terrified about the same thing, but I started with a small area on the bottom of the bag so it wouldn't show any issues, just in case... I think any quality brand of leather moisturizer would be fine. Just a note, my bottle from COACH said no waxes in the ingredients, just silicones and natural oils, & water. HTH Jules Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Will the Coach Moisturizer (I have the Moisturizer) help protect our G.I.L.I. bags from water stains? I'm just worried about carrying my bags if I get caught in the rain. Any other suggestions?

Esteemed Contributor

Hi ladies. I have used Coach moisturizer on all of my leather bags and shoes/boots for years. You really can feel the difference with and w/o. Any quality leather moisturizer will probably work. I purchased the natural ostrich the first time offered. I carried it everyday, regardless of weather until Spring. The bag looks great. Yes, if I have been out in really nasty weather I wipe it clean, wait a little while and reapply moisturizer. Ostrich is a bit stiffer than some other leathers ( I have a smaller D&B that is quite stiff) but ages nicely. I also purchased the blush this time. It is moisturizer, however, one of my daughter's "borrowed" it the next day. She is still carrying it!

I truly believe the moisturizer helps. I have two leather bags that are over 50 years old. They are kept inside a dustcover and moisturized twice a year, just because ( 1 belonged to my Mother). I apply the moisturizer to a soft cloth and then to the bag.

I hope you enjoy your new bags!

Valued Contributor

Looks like I'm going to do this with my bags. I have Cadillac brand leather conditioner that I forgot I had. I tried it last night on a small scuff on my natural ostrich and I can't even tell where the scuff mark was. I would imagine that this will keep the bag looking brand new. Thanks for the suggestion ladies.