Trusted Contributor

Re: Newer Thread- Gili Milano's are arriving on door steps!! Reviews??

I received the Black and absolutely adore it. I love soft leather so this works for me. Molds to your body and I love the contrasting color strap. The strap is very comfortable. Leather is rich and smells wonderful. I love the hardware. The whole design is unique and different from anything I have seen. This was a good purchase for me.
Super Contributor

On 10/28/2014 myconboys said: I received my grey ostrich today. I have been reading not so glowing reviews, so I wanted to chime in for those gals that ordered the grey and didn't receive it yet and might be worried they will not like their grey bag. I absolutely love this bag. It is BEAUTIFUL! Others have said it is not grey but more taupe/ brown and I have to disagree. I think it is a deep grey and will compliment both grey and brown colors in your wardrobe. I have no smearing of the "ostrich" embossing. The hardware is very complimentary to this color and the zipper is very pretty as well. My only complaint is all of the "G" stamps on the hardware and zipper pulls. I think it was overdone. I had ordered and returned the Roma II. For me, the Milano is definitely a better version in quality and beauty. Well worth the price. Again, I have to say I love love love the grey; cannot wait to carry it tomorrow.

My grey Milano is brownish I held it up to several grey items I have - boots, skirt and sweater . Not even in the same color family and looked kind of off -no complimentary look going on at all. Maybe they used different lots of leather and the colors varied greatly?

Contributor

On 10/28/2014 nowpurple said:

Ok here goes:

Black - Immediately liked it - the leather is very soft (the tassel is even softer than the one on my Roma 2) and I love the contrasting straps. It is quite floppy (maybe too floppy for me) so I put a purse organizer in it but I think I can put in a larger one as it still flops a little bit. One thing I am concerned about is the center seam, where it is painted it sticks straight out so I'm wondering what will happen as it wears - rubbing against the body, etc. It smells good - unlike the Roma 2 (at least mine).

Grey Ostrich - Surprisingly I like this one the least. It is darker than I thought it would be but I love the color. What I do not care for are the dots, when I look at it that's all I see. Many of dots are smeared and I think it looks cheap. The leather is a little stiffer than the black but not as stiff as the croco - perfect I think. I would have loved this color in a pebbled leather. I'm not sure how it will drape on the body - I don't want to unwrap it because I will be sending it back and the new owner should have that pleasure. It doesn't feel as stiff as the croco, so I think it will hang really nicely. The seam on this ostrich lays more to the side so I would not be as concerned with wear.

Chestnut Croco - I also liked this bag immediately. I was afraid I would not like the embossing but I do. I'm not sure of the color yet as I need to see it in the daylight. I put the same purse organizer and so far I like the structure of this bag better than the black. I know it will relax some but right now it does not hang as nicely from the body and looks a lot larger. Still uncertain that I like the color. I would like to go see a Brahmin and compare the finishes.

Cream Snake - I really like this bag. Love the color and it is not too shiny. As those of you who already have a cream snake know, it is also very soft and slouchy (but not as much as the black). Not sure what happened to this one but it did not have plastic on the handle, which is a beautiful brown by the way. As someone else said - the seam is the least noticeable on this bag and on this one it lays more on it's side. Maybe as they are filled up and used they will stick out straight.

These bags appear to be very well made - it's a lot of bag for the money. The zippers glide smoothly even with the smile shape of the bag. I love the zipper pulls. And did I mention these bags don't stink. Smile

Grey ostrich is going back. It's a nice bag but I guess the ostrich look is just not for me.

1) I love the black and it is more my style, but it just might be too slouchy and that would drive me batty. 2) That leaves the croco and cream snake. I'm more of a structured bag girl so that aspect of the croco appeals to me. I'll have to wait until daylight to see the true color. But . . . the cream snake is beautiful. Both are a little out of my comfort level, but I'm trying to expand my horizons.

Question, would you wear the chestnut croco year round or just in fall/winter?

I ordered the grey ostrich and the cream snake....I love the color of the grey ostrich, but I agree with you....those dots just seem too dark. I wear a lot of solid neutrals. The cream snake will go just as well, if not better, than the grey ostrich, so it will go back.

Respected Contributor

I got my bags yesterday. Got the Gray Ostritch and the Brown snake. I LOVE THE GRAY Ostritch. It isn't gray it is mushroom taupe for sure but that is what it looked like in the pictures and on TV for the minute it was on. So its exactly what I expected and I love love love it! Great bag.

Brown snake is very soft, not like the Cream Snake Roma 2 skin at all. It is lighter weight and just different. No bag can be the cream snake roma 2 in my eyes so I can't compare it to that one. I have to give myself a few days with this one to love it for who she is and not her bigger cream sister. Its a keeper.

So love my Gili's. Thinking I will sell some of my Dooneys on ebay to off set the costs.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/29/2014 LisaB said:

I got my bags yesterday. Got the Gray Ostritch and the Brown snake. I LOVE THE GRAY Ostritch. It isn't gray it is mushroom taupe for sure but that is what it looked like in the pictures and on TV for the minute it was on. So its exactly what I expected and I love love love it! Great bag.

Brown snake is very soft, not like the Cream Snake Roma 2 skin at all. It is lighter weight and just different. No bag can be the cream snake roma 2 in my eyes so I can't compare it to that one. I have to give myself a few days with this one to love it for who she is and not her bigger cream sister. Its a keeper.

So love my Gili's. Thinking I will sell some of my Dooneys on ebay to off set the costs.

LisaB - does your tassel match the body of your bag on the grey ostrich? Mine do not - they are way off.

Respected Contributor

On 10/29/2014 milkmade said:
On 10/29/2014 LisaB said:

LisaB - does your tassel match the body of your bag on the grey ostrich? Mine do not - they are way off.

I didn't notice it was off, I am not at home right now so I will look and reply later this afternoon.

Super Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Shoppergal said:

Received my ""grey"" ostrich today and it is most definitely BROWN....not even close to being called grey. Not mushroom....not taupe....but brown. My daughters were here and both said that it is brown. So much so that when I return it tomorrow I am going to call customer service and insist I not be charged return postage.

Brown snake will be here by Friday and I think I will love that one.

I bought the 2 bags you bought....I am in CA so my tracking is not even showing up yet. I probably won't get either one til Monday. This wait is killing me!

Super Contributor

I received my black bag today and I love it. Like others have stated the leather is buttery soft and I love the contrast of the ostrich strap. The tassel was a little krimpted So I took it off the Handbag and put a small dishtowel over it and ironed it with a few short bursts of steam and it is now perfect. Love the bag- hope you all are loving yours !
Regular Contributor

I thought for sure my bag would arrive today. But it's 2:30 and no sign of the UPS man. I don't think it's coming today. {#emotions_dlg.mad} Perhaps tomorrow.... I can't remember the last time I was so excited to receive a QVC purchase... Waiting, waiting, waiting.....

Valued Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Make-up LVR said:

I thought for sure my bag would arrive today. But it's 2:30 and no sign of the UPS man. I don't think it's coming today. {#emotions_dlg.mad} Perhaps tomorrow.... I can't remember the last time I was so excited to receive a QVC purchase... Waiting, waiting, waiting.....

If you go into tracking order info, it should show you the progress?? I am signed up for email notifications, so I always get an email letting me know that my package will get delivered tomorrow and approximate time of delivery.