Valued Contributor

Re: Newer Thread- Gili Milano's are arriving on door steps!! Reviews??

Speaking of deliveries.....My croco and brown snake were delivered at my porch 10 min. ago!!! Can't wait to get home and unpack them!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

On 10/29/2014 tough_kitty said:

Speaking of deliveries.....My croco and brown snake were delivered at my porch 10 min. ago!!! Can't wait to get home and unpack them!!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Drop everything and go get your bags!!!! LOL, probably not feasible, but it's what I would want to do... Hope you love them!

BTW, I checked the tracking info and it said "In transit". Thanks for the tip.

Valued Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Make-up LVR said:

Speaking of deliveries.....My croco and brown snake were delivered at my porch 10 min. ago!!! Can't wait to get home and unpack them!!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Drop everything and go get your bags!!!! LOL, probably not feasible, but it's what I would want to do... Hope you love them!

BTW, I checked the tracking info and it said "In transit". Thanks for the tip.

No kidding! I took 3 hrs off for doc's appt yesterday so can't leave early again today, otherwise I would have! LOL. 2 more hrs of torture!!!!!!!!

Contributor

I'm in Florida and the shipping info says mine is still in Petersburg PA waiting to be shipped! How do the rest of you gals get yours so fast!

Honored Contributor

Delighted to report that I received the Grey Ostrich in perfect condition! Gorgeous handbag. Love the design & color. Wrapped & packaged in a pristine manner. It's def a taupe rather than grey, so I understand the disappointment expressed by those that were expecting a grey tone. It should not have been named/sold as a grey tone. A bit stiffer in structure than the Roma2 handbags that I own in cream snake, blush & black, but it's not an issue for me. Not understanding the "hoopla" about the seaming on the handle. It's a common design and looks fine. I think the same poster complained about a never ending shredding tassle, so something is off about these complaints-not valid IMO. Looks like most customers are happy with their purchase---add me to that list. Hope those that are still anxiously awaiting deliveries are as delighted as I am-enjoy!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Just pulled my croco out of the box. Have to say it's a gorgeous warm saddle brown. I didn't notice in the presentations that the side/bottom seam was piped, which firms up the sides and corners so it won't slouch as much. I've never had an exotic print leather and I do love the irregularity of the hornback croco, but the leather is a lot stiffer than I was expecting. I am currently carrying an Isaac Mizrahi Bridgehampton hobo, which puddles to nothing. The Milano croco is a stiff leather in a slouchy style. I know Lisa said the croco and the ostrich would soften. And I've read about "training" a hobo. I just don't want to take all the plastic off the handles, etc, until I'm sure it's going to soften enough that I will be comfortable wearing it.

Super Contributor

I just received the black and the cream snake, and the chestnut croc arrived yday. Beautiful bags but I'm not sure I'm in love with the croc just yet. Having trouble with the color - it actually appears a bit dull to my eye. I was expecting something a bit more "rich", if that makes sense. It has the most structure so perhaps it will change once it's "trained" but I don't want to train it if I'm not going to keep it. If I return it, I want someone else to get a "brand new" bag as that is what I'd want someone to do for me. Black is super soft as advertised and the ostrich handle really sets it apart from other basic black bags. Cream snake is totally outside my comfort zone but is stunning and soft, and definitely a keeper. Surprisingly, the chestnut croc was the first one my eye went to and the first one I ordered, but also the one I might not keep having seen it in person. Decisions, decisions. As an aside, as a previous owner commented, I too consider myself lucky that the bags even arrived. The UPS boxes have all been badly beaten up and the tape almost off on all three. I appreciate QVC giving us a shipping discount on the majority of TSVs but they seem to be making it up by skimping on tape. Not sure if it's worth it... Enjoy your bags ladies!
Valued Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Chi-town girl said: Delighted to report that I received the Grey Ostrich in perfect condition! Gorgeous handbag. Love the design & color. Wrapped & packaged in a pristine manner. It's def a taupe rather than grey, so I understand the disappointment expressed by those that were expecting a grey tone. It should not have been named/sold as a grey tone. A bit stiffer in structure than the Roma2 handbags that I own in cream snake, blush & black, but it's not an issue for me. Not understanding the "hoopla" about the seaming on the handle. It's a common design and looks fine. I think the same poster complained about a never ending shredding tassle, so something is off about these complaints-not valid IMO. Looks like most customers are happy with their purchase---add me to that list. Hope those that are still anxiously awaiting deliveries are as delighted as I am-enjoy!!!

YAY! I am so glad you love your bag!!! I was concerned for you after reading the mixed reviews....getting anxious to see mine! One more hour!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Mine showed up today. I got the nude ostrich. It is almost or vaguely blush. Since I've been wanting a blush bag but like bone color, I love it. I'd call it a warmed up bone or nude. I'm also glad I didn't order the black or snake. This is a dramatic bag and it is larger than most I carry and I'm really tall and not thin, and it makes a statement. Like the espresso short strap and the dark seam contrast. Inside I am not as thrilled, olive grey cotton, minimal inner pouches--zip pouch and double open cellphone pocket. I'm planning on using this on plane trips and for a statement bag, esp for going out in dressy jeans or slacks. Verdict: I love it. My first ostrich, hobo and GILI. Keeper.
Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Chi-town girl said: Delighted to report that I received the Grey Ostrich in perfect condition! Gorgeous handbag. Love the design & color. Wrapped & packaged in a pristine manner. It's def a taupe rather than grey, so I understand the disappointment expressed by those that were expecting a grey tone. It should not have been named/sold as a grey tone. A bit stiffer in structure than the Roma2 handbags that I own in cream snake, blush & black, but it's not an issue for me. Not understanding the "hoopla" about the seaming on the handle. It's a common design and looks fine. I think the same poster complained about a never ending shredding tassle, so something is off about these complaints-not valid IMO. Looks like most customers are happy with their purchase---add me to that list. Hope those that are still anxiously awaiting deliveries are as delighted as I am-enjoy!!!

YAY! I am so glad you love your bag!!! I was concerned for you after reading the mixed reviews....getting anxious to see mine! One more hour!!!!!!!!!!

Hi TK-if I had expected grey instead of taupe, I would be disappointed, so I suspect there will be many returns because of this poor "naming" decision by Q. Can't wait to read your reviews!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri