Esteemed Contributor

It's the Vera Bradley items. They always look like a form of diaper bag. If you wear a printed top/blouse, or a design on you anywhere, any statement jewelry or jacket with a design - add the bag and you will look like a complete sloppy mess or advertise the circus has come to town. The eye will be drawn everywhere and a woman will look like she doesn't care about her appearance and as if she's as many or more colors than the rainbow. The while in the bags never stays white and look dirty when sported about. To me they flatter no one and never will. Whatever amount one pays, they look cheap. My take.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Frequent Contributor
I don't use them as purse's, I will agree with you on that point! But, I have used them for travel and use one for work and they are awesome. The one I use for travel holds a huge amt of stuff but will collapse down to fit in the over head compartment on a plane. I love how they wash, they are great bags that aren't just purse's! I also have many tech accessories that I have gotten on "clearance" for my computer and iPad and these are great too!
Esteemed Contributor

They might make useful potholders as the designs lend themselves to that sort of thing.

Trusted Contributor

I have several VB bags and accessories. I also have lots of designer leather bags. My VB bags are usually carried during the warmer summer months, and my leather bags are carried the rest of the year.

Anyone with a bit of fashion sense can usually figure out what outfits look best with a patterned bag. There really is no need for negativity and snideness.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

I think they collect dirt easier than leather handbags and often look bad because of this.

-Kalli

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/9/2014 Divine said:

I have several VB bags and accessories. I also have lots of designer leather bags. My VB bags are usually carried during the warmer summer months, and my leather bags are carried the rest of the year.

Anyone with a bit of fashion sense can usually figure out what outfits look best with a patterned bag. There really is no need for negativity and snideness.

My thread, MY TAKE. They are still tacky in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/9/2014 Kalli said:

I think they collect dirt easier than leather handbags and often look bad because of this.

-Kalli

I'm really not here to defend Vera bags, but I want to add that these bags are washable. There's no need to carry a dirty bag. Plus, I don't believe they "collect dirt easier than a leather bag." I don't get that.

If some don't like these bags, that's just fine. Different strokes, and all that. I think it's fantastic that we're not all cookie-cutter in our fashions and accessoires. That would be so boring. I just don't understand the need some posters seem to have in denigrating what some people like.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor
On 1/9/2014 Love Roses said:
On 1/9/2014 Divine said:

My thread, MY TAKE. They are still tacky in my opinion.

Excuse me, but we're all allowed our opinions. Sure, you started this thread but the boards belong to us all. I also get to have MY opinion. You have yours...and I have mine. The only difference is that I don't feel the need to say rude things about other peoples fashion choices.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/9/2014 Divine said:
On 1/9/2014 Kalli said:

-Kalli

I'm really not here to defend Vera bags, but I want to add that these bags are washable. There's no need to carry a dirty bag. Plus, I don't believe they "collect dirt easier than a leather bag." I don't get that.

If some don't like these bags, that's just fine. Different strokes, and all that. I think it's fantastic that we're not all cookie-cutter in our fashions and accessoires. That would be so boring. I just don't understand the need some posters seem to have in denigrating what some people like.

I don't think you are understanding that this is a public forum with various opinions and takes on items. DENIGRATING? You are welcome to interpret any way you like. As to being of such and opinion, I have to wonder why someone would make such remarks to another's take on what???, a product? A product is more important than a human being? I have friends who have things I wouldn't own and we share what we like or dislike without telling one another we are negative, snide, or denigrating. WHAT is your excuse?

Trusted Contributor

Okay...okay...enough. You win. Say whatever you want about these handbags. Rant on if you like. I'm finished.

Member Since 11/20/2008