Honored Contributor

Re: How is the quality of Clarks shoes lately?

I bought my first pair of Clarks last year from QVC.  So far so good.  My only complaint is they're a bit small.  Might not be if I didn't insist on wearing thick socks with them.  I've only been wearing them for fall and winter, so I can't really comment on longevity, but they see mine so far.  

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I believe there is always some risk with ordering shoes. However, I realize some people are unable to get out and try them on in a store so their options are limited. 

@RetRN  Shoes are the one thing I've never had trouble buying online  I've never hesitated to buy shoes online.  I can't say the same thing about clothing though.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I bought my first pair of Clarks last year from QVC.  So far so good.  My only complaint is they're a bit small.  Might not be if I didn't insist on wearing thick socks with them.  I've only been wearing them for fall and winter, so I can't really comment on longevity, but they see mine so far.  

I bought two pair of the Clarks TSV sandals last summer.  I was surprised by how small they ran too.  Another thing that bugged me was the strap that goes in to be buckled ran short.  I've noticed this with others I've bought lately.

I ended up keeping them both, but only wore the fuschia pair because it matched a jumpsuit perfectly lol.

Im not sure I'll be ordering this year.

Trusted Contributor

The quality of Clark's shoes has gone down, I had purchased several pairs within the last several years and could not wear them because my heels kept slipping out of these closed toe shoes even though I did purchase my usual size, too late to return had to donate.

Honored Contributor

I had a few pairs then one day standing in my office a piece of my right shoe came off that went all the way around it, part of it was still attached though.  I was talking to my mailman and walking him to the door when I noticed this rubber type thing flapping.  I started turning around and around trying find/catch it when all of a sudden the other shoe was loosing the very same piece of the other shoe.  My mailman was uncontrollably laughing.  Never bought another pair and have not worn the ones still in my closest.  That was about 10 years ago.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Over the years I've bought a lot of shoes from Clarks, both from QVC and direct from their store or online.

for the most part I have been happy with them. Less so in the past 8-10 years when I found that sizing was "off" or the shoe was uncomfortable.

I took a chance on the TSV sneaker that QVC sold a couple of weeks ago because I liked the color (lavendar) and the style. The fit seems to be OK although they are a little big in the medium. I will wear them with socks to adjust for the fit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Clarks TS from last week from HSN arrived today, love them fit is perfect !!! However, many of the reviews coming in say they are cut too short, too narrow. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PilatesLover I have been shopping Clarks wide shoes for many years, most recently late last year.  My feet are wide in the toe area, not as wide in the ankle/heel.  I have gone up half a size in closed toe shoes, to better accommodate my toes and ball of the foot.  I find the shoes are too wide for me in the back.  So I look at the bottom of the shoes to see the shape before making a shopping decision.  I have not changed my size in sandals.  I don't think the quality of the shoes has changed, except that several years ago, I noticed the soles of their shoes extend all the way from the toes to the heel, the heel is not a separate piece at the bottom.  I think that reduces the quality, but doesn't bother me in the wear.  Hope this helps!

Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

As a fellow wide footer, I see a lot of wides on the Clark site.

One thing that is very, very evident is that QVC has limited selection to a much lower price point.  No idea if they are seconds or "made for QVC".

QVC is such a big buyer from Clark's so that they get exclusive items and colors. Everything that I have bought from QVC for Clark's has been first rate, I always buy the wide.

I have bought boots, sandals, and everything in between. I wear a size 10 1/2 and I have never changed that size because of the shoe. They have been absolutely consistent. I am very surprised at what people have posted.

@Bhvbum Thank you for commenting, good to hear!

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@PilatesLover I have been shopping Clarks wide shoes for many years, most recently late last year.  My feet are wide in the toe area, not as wide in the ankle/heel.  I have gone up half a size in closed toe shoes, to better accommodate my toes and ball of the foot.  I find the shoes are too wide for me in the back.  So I look at the bottom of the shoes to see the shape before making a shopping decision.  I have not changed my size in sandals.  I don't think the quality of the shoes has changed, except that several years ago, I noticed the soles of their shoes extend all the way from the toes to the heel, the heel is not a separate piece at the bottom.  I think that reduces the quality, but doesn't bother me in the wear.  Hope this helps!

@NYCLatinaMe thank you.  I have the same issue, wide forefront and normal back of foot.  It seems many people need the toe box wider but end up with the heel of the shoe flapping.