Honored Contributor

Re: Does you wallet have to match your purse?

No. I've never even considered that. I have one wallet and it goes in all my bags, matching or not. I suppose that would be cute, but I don't really see the need or the point in buying matching pieces. I usually carry the same bag every day because switching means risk of forgetting something important. Having to also switch to a matching wallet would increase that risk for no reason.

Respected Contributor

No way. There is way too much stuff in my wallet to worry about changing it out to match my bag perfectly. I tend to carry LV Monogrammed bags of various materials most often and my wallet is LV monogrammed print also, so it's close enough.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Valued Contributor

When I carried the LV I had all matching accessories. But, when I started wearing Coach, DB, MK I kept the LV. Then I switched to all Coach.

However, now that I bought and love the new Roma 2, I have gone back to my 30 some year old LV wallet and makeup case, because they are so light and work really well in my ivory Roma 2.

Respected Contributor

I honestly don't pay attention to what wallets look like. I never even see people with wallets.

Respected Contributor

This has come up before, here.

I am in the camp of not being even to imagine the hassle of changing out your wallet everytime you change your handbag. All those little bits and pieces - cards, photos, receipts, notes, etc.

It is different if you use the same handbag for months and months at a time, I suppose.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

No ! Things don't always have to match.......don't worry about making things match......it is okay that things don't match.......having things that aren't the same can be fun......
Frequent Contributor

I buy matching accessories... I appreciate feeling "put together". This year I have tried something new. All of my bags are colorful so I purchased the DB 1975 multi colored phone wristlet. It's the black one with the rainbow logo and multicolored zipper. This has worked well for me so far. I'm not one of those women who carry every piece of paper, business card or receipt that I've received in the last ten years in my wallet either. I carry only what I need with me... license, health insurance, bank card and one or two credit cards for emergencies. My phone (Samsung note 3) fits inside (snuggly) if I want to just grab it as a wristlet and go. But up until purchasing that, yes every bag had a perfectly matching wallet. And if I find a bag that doesn't match the colors on this wallet then yes, I'll probably buy one to match lol
Occasional Contributor

Heck no, don't sweat it, life is too short, no one cares
Respected Contributor

I could care less about a matching wallet. Got a nice and very reasonable one from Lee Sands; this should last for years and it's not heavy like the matching ones usually are. I've got enough necessary things to spend my limited on.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Dooney leather coin purses with the extra pocket on the back for a few credit cards - and a zipper on the front for change. I own 4 of them in different colors - they were just on sale at ilovedooney.com. They never match my purse.