Trusted Contributor

Another Dooney Customer Service Observation

I just called Dooney about the olive croco Collins bag in their Monthly Specials. My question was whether the trim on the olive color bag is matching olive or in the contrasting t'moro brown.

The CS agent told me that the trim is brown...that on the website, the colors on the top line on the product description (black, blue, cognac, red) have trim MATCHING the bag color (red/red, blue/blue, etc). The colors on the second line (gray and olive) have CONTRASTING TRIM (gray/t'moro, olive/t'moro).

She then went on to say that THE COLORS ON THE TOP LINE WERE NEVER MANUFACTURED WITH THE CONTRASTING TRIM. Um...WHAT????

First of all, YES they were...the cognac bag clearly has t'moro trim even in that website pic. Both Aprimo and Beckron have purchased croco bags with the contrasting trim and posted the pics here. (Plus, I have seen them with my own eyes at Dillard's.)

I didn't want to argue with her, so I just said "ok" and hung up. Frankly, I'm not sure if the information about the olive bag she gave me is correct or not. It was obvious to me that she was mistaken about the other colors "never manufactured with contrasting trim".

I know many of us have had these conversations with Dooney Customer Service reps...and many times we know more about their product than they do.

This must mean that I don't need that olive bag. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}