Respected Contributor

Re: what's for Easter dinner?

Neither my sister nor myself have  cooked in many years, so we're going out. Easier as she's a vegetarian and I'm not.

Respected Contributor

Usually for Easter I make either a smoked ham or lamb along with some sides.  Since it's only going to be my immediate family and my sister (4 of us), I'm foregoing the traditional Easter dinner and making more of an Italian Sunday dinner.  My sister will bring deviled eggs for starters, then I'll make cheesy baked Italian stuffed shells with ricotta/spinach, homemade meatballs and sausage, a green salad, crusty Italian bread, and lemon blueberry no bake dessert.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl  Your Easter meal sounds wonderful! May I join you? I get so tired of the glazed ham we have Every. Single. Year.  My family is so traditional, they just can't think beyond that ham. They LOVE it! Aarrgh! Don't get me wrong, it's always good, but, come on. After 40 years of making ham, could I try something else? 

Sometimes I change up one or two sides and the desserts. 

Honored Contributor

I'm giving my family 2 options based on what's in the freezer; ribeye roast with stuffed baked potatoes or roast turkey and dressing.  

Just finished the expected pickled beets and eggs, so they'll be nice and tasty by Sunday.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

I'm giving my family 2 options based on what's in the freezer; ribeye roast with stuffed baked potatoes or roast turkey and dressing.  

Just finished the expected pickled beets and eggs, so they'll be nice and tasty by Sunday.

My dad loves eggs pickled in beet juice too.  I'm really glad I read your post because I might try to fix some now just for him.  Thanks 😊🌸

Honored Contributor

Spiral Brown Sugar Glazed Ham

Potato Salad

Deviled eggs

Fresh Green Beans

Glazed carrot

Spinach quiche

Rolls

Fresh fruit over lemon pound cake with whipped cream.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop

I would love a rib eye roast.  My group all wants the ends because of the grilling, so we went to ribeye steak grilled at Christmas.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cheriere wrote:

@wagirl 

I could eat my weight in scallops lol!  Your dinner sounds great!

We'll be having our traditional Easter dinner.  Baked ham, green beans, mashed potatoes, chicken & dumplings, carrots and deviled eggs.  Probably pie for dessert, but I haven't decided what kind yet.💝🌸

@cheriere 

All but DIL loves chicken and drop dumplings.  I put carrots and sauteed onion in the broth.

Honored Contributor

• Leg of lamb with browned oven roasted potatoes in the juice
  • Baked ham with candied sweet potatoes
  • Asparagus
  • Corn
  • Green salad 
  • Relish tray
  • Deviled eggs
  • Homemade rolls
  • Rice pudding
  • Chocolate cake with coconut frosting
  • Apple pie
Respected Contributor

@ECBG   

Carrots and sautéed onion sounds great to me, but mom always wants it plain.  In fact, after the chicken is cooked, it must be picked nicely off the bone and put in a separate container.  Just a few tidbits are left in the chicken stock before dropping the dumplings.  That's the only way she likes it lol.💝🌸

By the way, your dinner sounds delicious 😃