Valued Contributor

LOL stilltamn8r,This soup is wonderful, I love peanut butter also..You have a good one? Britt

Super Contributor
You know, I just sauté a chopped onion, couple cloves of garlic, a rib or two of celery in some butter, stir in a couple Tblsp of flour, cook a couple of minutes , add a couple quarts of chicken broth, boil about 15 minutes, whisk in a couple cups of peanut butter and a coupl,e cups of cream or half and half or coconut milk, add some cayenne or Franks red hot... And voila!!!!!! It's easy and so good... I like kind of heavy on the garlic, personally.....
Honored Contributor
On 8/15/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 8/14/2014 RespectLife said:

I don't have curry paste either....will have to look for it. I don't suppose I can just use curry powder??

Thanks for these recipes everyone. I am looking for new ideas!

Hey Svli_ ! That recipe sounds great too! I'm across the lake from you....I'm waving right now! On a clear day, I can see Toronto!

I use curry powder in place of tumeric when a recipe calls for that.

Thanks for that suggestion HonnyBrown! I recently made 2 dishes that called for tumeric...which I don't have. It is on my list for my next Spice House order.

I just made Mullig. soup for the first time a couple weeks ago! I had never heard of it and thought it was so 'weird' I just had to try it. Loved it! Those apples were the best part!

I would never have thought to put apples in a soup!

Super Contributor
On 8/15/2014 stilltamn8r said: You know, I just sauté a chopped onion, couple cloves of garlic, a rib or two of celery in some butter, stir in a couple Tblsp of flour, cook a couple of minutes , add a couple quarts of chicken broth, boil about 15 minutes, whisk in a couple cups of peanut butter and a coupl,e cups of cream or half and half or coconut milk, add some cayenne or Franks red hot... And voila!!!!!! It's easy and so good... I like kind of heavy on the garlic, personally.....

That sounds good. I'll bet you put in some chicken, too. I wonder how much and if you use dark or light, both, or ? Smile

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/15/2014 RespectLife said:
On 8/15/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 8/14/2014 RespectLife said:

I don't have curry paste either....will have to look for it. I don't suppose I can just use curry powder??

Thanks for these recipes everyone. I am looking for new ideas!

Hey Svli_ ! That recipe sounds great too! I'm across the lake from you....I'm waving right now! On a clear day, I can see Toronto!

I use curry powder in place of tumeric when a recipe calls for that.

Thanks for that suggestion HonnyBrown! I recently made 2 dishes that called for tumeric...which I don't have. It is on my list for my next Spice House order.

I just made Mullig. soup for the first time a couple weeks ago! I had never heard of it and thought it was so 'weird' I just had to try it. Loved it! Those apples were the best part!

I would never have thought to put apples in a soup!

No problem! I opted for curry powder instead of tumeric because I get more mileage out of it.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.