Valued Contributor

What kind of APPLES do you use to make your perfect apple pie?

Help again!! I just wanted to get a little expert opinion here Smiley Happy {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Someone i met a few weeks back gave me about a five hour pie /baking lesson..I LOVED IT..I never used to be able to make pies at all. I can now make a pie crust and understand how its done yeahhh LOL anyways I was trying to figure out how to know what apples are the most watery..like golden delicious..and i read on here that golden delicious are the ones our Grandma's used??I don't apple pies that have firm apples.. I like a smooth taste..

I am trying to find a chart on how different apples are used in pies and how much thickener to add??? PLEASE throw in your wonderful pie recipes...I'm on this pie baking binge ..as a early way to get good at some so when Christmas gets here ..I have some iv made and that taste good,,,

I'll be throwing in some recipes as will as I get them.... pie ingredients for a 3 crust recipe, 3 cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 heaping cup lard/ Crisco.. enough ice cold water to make it come together...SORRY that's how i was taught{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Wont it be fun to have a recipe thread for pies??? Thank you so much for being a part of this pie journey with me {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Blessings, Brittany