Respected Contributor

Re: Top Secret KFC recipe found in Nephew's Cookbook?

I remember a "copy cat" recipe from about 35 years ago that used a  "Good Seasons" salad dressing packet in the recipe..Good seasons is pretty hard to find these days, and as i recall, it didnt taste much like the real thing, though it WAS pretty good.....Like it has been said, pressure frying is the key...

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I remember a "copy cat" recipe from about 35 years ago that used a  "Good Seasons" salad dressing packet in the recipe..Good seasons is pretty hard to find these days, and as i recall, it didnt taste much like the real thing, though it WAS pretty good.....Like it has been said, pressure frying is the key...

@Mothertrucker oh good heavens I haven't heard the words "Good Seasons" salad dressing in years . . . Smiley Happy

Evine has their large Flip Pan as their TS today and Deb said she is going to post her pressure frying fried chicken recipe on her Facebook page (not sure if she meant her page or the Flip Pan page).  If I can find it I'll post it as I bet it would be delicious!

Valued Contributor

Mary you must be a Chicagoland girl.... love White Fence Farm

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe @Chicagoan  

Yes! I am right down the road from the original White Fence Farm in Romeoville.   Less than 10 minutes away. We mostly pick up. and get it WFF every 3 or 4 weeks. 

Our sons loved the petting zoo & inside there is a museum with vintage cars and other items.  The steak and white fish is also great.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@momtochloe @Chicagoan  

Yes! I am right down the road from the original White Fence Farm in Romeoville.   Less than 10 minutes away. We mostly pick up. and get it WFF every 3 or 4 weeks. 

Our sons loved the petting zoo & inside there is a museum with vintage cars and other items.  The steak and white fish is also great.

Oh sorry @Mary Bailey I got lost in what was the real intention of the thread (duh!) . . . yes I would love a copycat of their recipe but I think it's that pressure cooking that does the trick along with their spices.

Evine has one of their Flip Pans as their TS and Deb Murray said she would post her recipe for pressure cooking in the pan so I am looking forward to finding and hopefully trying it!

That petty zoo is the best . . . there I was wobbling around in my high heels and suit petting llamas and cows waiting for my chicken . . . tee hee!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe@   mtc wrote:

That petty zoo is the best . . . there I was wobbling around in my high heels and suit petting llamas and cows waiting for my chicken . . . tee hee!

you in your heels & suits, then there is me

in my gardening clothes & no make up  , hoping I don't run into anyone I know! LOL   I grew up here

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@momtochloe@   mtc wrote:

you in your heels & suits, then there is me

in my gardening clothes & no make up  , hoping I don't run into anyone I know! LOL   I grew up here

Oh trust me my friend @Mary Bailey I would have more than happily traded my getup for gardening clothes and no make up . . . . yeppers!

Respected Contributor

thanks for the recipe but talking about the daily mail uk.....

google japanese pole vaulter (olympics) and you'll get a laugh, never saw that story anywhere else and it comes with pics...you'll be sending that story to everyone you know.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Following up on Kachina624, I worked at KFC in the middle 60's.  The chicken was freshly breaded in the flour with the secret mix that came in paper bags.  The thing no one can duplicate is it was then cooked in large tall pressure cookers filled with some sort of fat, the type escapes me now, probably an oil, maybe a solid shortening.  Bits of skin and bones were allowed to settle on the bottom to make chitlin gravy.  The chicken was drained for exactly 20 minutes and put into a warming oven.  I do know they no longer make chitlin gravy, but how much of the original process remains is unknown to me.  I've never had KFC in my life that was as good as that from 1965. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have found the best way to maintain proper frying temperature when using a pot/pan is to use an induction burner.  Temperature recovery is almost instant when adding whatever protein is being fried.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.