Honored Contributor

Re: Tomorrow is National Popcorn Day🍿

Popcorn eating.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

Home & Family just made the most AMAZING looking popcorn balls in honor of National Popcorn Day tomorrow! Best part is they looked so easy to make and were really pretty. Hint: sprinkles were involved. 😋 Not many. Just enough to look very festive! I’m gonna give them a try.👍🏻 (Took me back to my childhood growing up in Ohio. Euclid Beach was my Disneyland❣️) 

*Marshmallows and popcorn are a complete protein, right?  Oh, ya, it’s beans and rice ...... I keep getting that wrong😉

@Ifeelwicked

I think you will be fine if you add those sprinkles to complete the protein chain......Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

Home & Family just made the most AMAZING looking popcorn balls in honor of National Popcorn Day tomorrow! Best part is they looked so easy to make and were really pretty. Hint: sprinkles were involved. 😋 Not many. Just enough to look very festive! I’m gonna give them a try.👍🏻 (Took me back to my childhood growing up in Ohio. Euclid Beach was my Disneyland❣️) 

*Marshmallows and popcorn are a complete protein, right?  Oh, ya, it’s beans and rice ...... I keep getting that wrong😉

@Ifeelwicked

I recently read an article about the benefits of taking Marshmallow extract.

Can't I just eat a bag of marshmallows instead? LOL!

A resounding “yes,” as well as, a jar of Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme. And, as with GS Cookies, one container = one serving. 😜👍🏻

Valued Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@Ifeelwicked

I think you will be fine if you add those sprinkles to complete the protein chain......Woman LOL

Great! Thank you ....... and I’m always concerned that I’m not eating enough calories. Adding sprinkles should help. 🤣

Honored Contributor

Making popcorn balls was always part of my family's Christmas tradition.  Sister and I would make a huge roaster pan of popcorn.  Mother made the syrup and cooked it to the hardball stage.  They we all buttered our hands and got ready to make balls out of the popcorn bathed in scalding hot syrup.  We tried but it was just too hot so dad, with tougher hands, ended up making all the balls, then we wrapped tem in Saran Wrap.

Wish I had one right now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Ha.  Ha.  I didn't know that yesterday was National Popcorn Day, but my DH and I had a bowl of popcorn last night.  I embellished it with SF mini chocolate chips.

Honored Contributor

I celebrated by making Jolly Time microwave popcorn - which isn't unusual since I love popcorn.  And, by the way, you can get a free popcorn ball maker from Jolly Time by sending them four UPC's.  Go to the Promotions section of their site for more info.

jolly time.JPG