Honored Contributor

I go through my pantry this time of year to clean it out.  I had three cans of beef broth in there so I made this soup.  I can't remember where I got this recipe. 

1 pound ground beef
1 onion diced
3  15 oz cans beef broth
1  14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup ketchup
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 cup shredded carrots
3 T A1 sauce
2 T brown sugar
3 t Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t dried basil
1/2 t garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked

In a skillet over medium high heat, brown hamburger and diced onion.  Drain.  Set aside.

In a large stock pot mix beef broth, diced tomatoes, ketchup, tomato paste, carrots, A!, Worchestershire, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook over medium high heat.  Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.  Add beef and onion and simmer for 10 minutes.  Add cooked macaroni and serve. 

I added  a large dollop of sour cream on soup.  Served with cheese biscuits and pesto butter.  Tasted good on a cold night!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I will leave out some of the ingredients but I know it will be just as tasty. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Sounds great! I am making a very similar soup right now..it  is definitely soup weather here in So Cal today..

Staying mud-free in the burn area..yay so far!

Respected Contributor

This reminds me of a soup my mother used to make, only instead of ground beef she used short ribs (I think), and she'd stir the sour cream into the soup so the whole thing was sort of creamy.

I'll be trying this - thanks! 

Trusted Contributor
Thanks for sharing. This sounds k or something I want to try.
Trusted Contributor
This sounds good and something I will try.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting this recipe!  Living in the north, it is definitely soup season!  I can always use new recipes.  I will get these ingredients and try it soon.  

Honored Contributor

Tried it and liked it!!!  Easy to fix and tasty too.  I love soup meals in winter.  

Super Contributor

Loving the sound of this.  I like making soup on Sunday and having it during the week for a couple of meals with sandwiches, grilled cheese or nothing else. I am going to try this. Thanks for posting

Honored Contributor

@walker

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.  It is always nice to know someone enjoys your recipe!