Honored Contributor

Pressure Cooker Recipes From QVC Host Blogs

I know we have a lot of new pressure cooker cooks here lately and thought I would post some QVC host's recipe as they looked easy and delicious:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Pressure-Cooker-Chicken-Thighs/ba-p/3275098

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Pressure-Cooker-Pork-Chops-amp-Apples/ba-p/3279739

To be honest I don't visit the blogs very much but I do at this time of the year as I enjoy decorating tips especially from Alberti but thought I would pass these recipes on to those that may be interested.

Respected Contributor

Re: Pressure Cooker Recipes From QVC Host Blogs

mtc...thanks...I pulled out my electric pressure cooker yesterday....I always forget how quick and easy it is to cook with it.   I did sweet n sour meatballs in 20 minutes.  and made fried rice while this was cooking...was delicious!   I need to use this appliance more often....especially on nights where I want something quick!  

I saw your post that you have a job....congrats!....I know how hard it has been trying to find something.   

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

mtc...thanks...I pulled out my electric pressure cooker yesterday....I always forget how quick and easy it is to cook with it.   I did sweet n sour meatballs in 20 minutes.  and made fried rice while this was cooking...was delicious!   I need to use this appliance more often....especially on nights where I want something quick!  

I saw your post that you have a job....congrats!....I know how hard it has been trying to find something.   

Thank you so much @straykatz for your kind words.  Needless to say I am over the moon these days . . . Smiley Happy

I love my pressure cooker and now will be using it more than ever.  I really liked these recipes as they were easy to assemble and prepare.  Any chance you would share your sweet and sour meatball recipe please as I would love to try it?

Respected Contributor

I just used frozen meatballs...was super lazy...LOL   Also added 1/2 cup of diced onion and small can of pineapple chunks.

I never use measuring when I make this sauce so my best guess is:

sweet and sour sauce:

Mix together then pour over meat

1/2 cup of white sugar

1/2 cup of ketchup

1/2 brown sugar

1 tablespoon of white vinegar

juice from the pineapple

You can add more sugar or less depending on how sweet or sour you want it.  

Threw the meatballs in pressure cooker, onion, pineapple and sauce - cooked for 20 minutes.

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

I just used frozen meatballs...was super lazy...LOL   Also added 1/2 cup of diced onion and small can of pineapple chunks.

I never use measuring when I make this sauce so my best guess is:

sweet and sour sauce:

Mix together then pour over meat

1/2 cup of white sugar

1/2 cup of ketchup

1/2 brown sugar

1 tablespoon of white vinegar

juice from the pineapple

You can add more sugar or less depending on how sweet or sour you want it.  

Threw the meatballs in pressure cooker, onion, pineapple and sauce - cooked for 20 minutes.

@straykatz you had me at frozen meatballs . . . thank you so much my friend!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

mtc...when I make spaghetti I do homemade meatballs.....I use a blend of 50/50 italian sausage and ground beef or ground turkey.....salt, pepper, egg, dried bread crumb, mustard.....mix well and roll into balls and then I bake in oven until they are slightly browned and hold their shape...then toss them in the spaghetti sauce.  Baking in the oven 1st also helps get rid of the excess fat.